Tourism Destination Market Insights, 2019: Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) - Regional Snapshot, Country Focused Analysis, Risks & Opportunities - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mar 20, 2019--The “Tourism Destination Market Insights: Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) - Regional Snapshot, Country Focused Analysis, Risks and Opportunities” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Tourism Destination Market Insights uses regional and country focused analysis to explore inbound tourist markets, infrastructure and attractions, as well as risks and opportunities. The report provides clear insight into current and future tourism developments in the region.
The ASEAN is one of the fastest growing destination regions in the world. With rich history and varying religious influences, there are plenty of cultural experiences to leverage in order to attract visitors to the ASEAN region. The rapid rise in tourism flows has brought a number of benefits including jobs and incomes.
Furthermore, business travel in the region has grown 35.2% since 2014, from 27.3 million to 37.1 million and is forecast to keep growing. Improving infrastructure links are expanding each country’s capability to host meetings, conferences, and events.
However, given that several of the nations of the region are among the most tourist dependent countries in the world, there are a number of issues which need to be addressed if growth is to be sustained.
From creating unique and diverse tourism offerings, to fostering regional collaboration and investing in infrastructural projects, this report sheds light onto how ASEAN nations can leverage their strengths and capitalize on new trends to ensure the future success of the sector and economic prosperity.
- Thailand, Malaysia, and Indonesia are the leading tourist destinations in the region in terms of international arrivals.
- The majority -61% in 2018- of tourism in the region is for leisure purposes. The low price of items such as food and accommodation in much of the ASEAN region, makes it easy to travel around on a budget.
- Business travel in the region has grown 35.2% since 2014, from 27.3 million to 37.1 million and is forecast to keep growing. Improving infrastructure links are expanding each country’s capability to host meetings, conferences, and events. As a significant business and economic hub in Asia-Pacific, Singapore attracts a large number of business travelers from other major business centers in the Asia-Pacific region.
Reasons to Buy
- Obtain a clear and detailed insight into new developments in a fast growing tourist destination.
- Use data and analysis to explore future trends related to international arrivals, airlines, niche tourism, and hotel developments.
- Gain a strong understanding of the opportunities in the market, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.
- Lion Air
- Intrepid Travel
- Thai Airways
- Malaysia Airlines
- ASEAN member states
- Key trends and new developments
- Types of travel
- Medical & wellness
- Food tourism
- Country focus
- Risks & opportunities
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jrxszm/tourism?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190320005474/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Travel and Tourism
KEYWORD: ASIA PACIFIC
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TRAVEL DESTINATIONS VACATION
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 03/20/2019 10:03 AM/DISC: 03/20/2019 10:03 AM