United States Eagle Ford Shale Report 2019 - Oil and Gas Shale Market Analysis and Outlook to 2023 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr 11, 2019--The “Eagle Ford Shale in the US, 2019 - Oil and Gas Shale Market Analysis and Outlook to 2023” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
“Eagle Ford Shale in the US, 2019 - Oil and Gas Shale Market Analysis and Outlook to 2023”, reveals that the shale play has reverted a production decline and leading operators continue to increase the scale of their operations. There are still some sections within the Eagle Ford shale play which are underdeveloped, especially in the northern part comprising the Burleson and Brazos counties and some companies are also assessing the overlying Austin Chalk formation.
Eagle Ford shale constitutes of a sedimentary shale rock formation in the Texas region that is considered as one of the most profitable formations for exploration and production activities in the US. The major counties for prolific crude oil and condensate production in the Eagle Ford play include Karnes, De Witt, La Salle, Dimmit, and Gonzales. The Eagle Ford play also constitutes largely of condensates and dry gas resources. The major producing counties for natural gas include Webb, Karnes, De Witt, Dimmit, and La Salle.
Eagle Fords definitely remains a sound investment for oil and gas operators. During 2018 Eagle Ford re-emerged as one of the lucrative destinations for oil and gas companies. The well economics of the play are robust with current commodity prices and operators are starting to assess areas outside the core zone of the play, moving out from the so-called Karnes Trough.
Also of relevance is that some operators are re-assessing the production upside of targeting several benches such as the overlying Austin Chalk formation. The recent M&A activity also confirms how operators try to increase their operations in the Eagle Ford; this was in fact a main driver in Chesapeake Energy’s acquisition of WildHorse Resource Development. Eagle Ford won’t become the engine of USL48 unconventional production but it still has growth potential.
The location of the play allows for better oil and natural gas pricing in comparison to Permian output with proximity to major hydrocarbon processing facilities and export terminals on the Gulf Coast. This, along with sufficiently developed midstream infrastructure, is an important aspect in the enduring attractiveness of Eagle Ford for oil and gas companies.
Companies such as EOG Resources Inc., Chesapeake Energy Corporation, Marathon Oil Corporation, ConocoPhillips and Noble Energy are among the leading producers in the Eagle Ford shale in 2018.
- Comprehensive analysis of crude oil & condensate, and natural gas production across major counties in Texas during 2013-2018, as well as production outlook from 2019 to 2023
- In-depth information of well permits issued in the Eagle Ford shale by county and by company for 2018
- Detailed understanding of IP rates and type well profiles in Austin Chalk and Eagle Ford formations
- Exhaustive analysis of Eagle Ford’s competitive landscape in terms of net acreage, gross production, cost trends and planned investments.
- Comparison of type well economic metrics of major players were also compared
- Up-to-date information on major mergers and acquisitions, and contracts in the Eagle Ford shale between 2013 and 2018
- Overview of midstream and downstream infrastructure for Eagle Ford shale.
Reasons to Buy
- Develop business strategies with the help of specific insights into the Eagle Ford shale
- Plan your strategies based on expected developments of the Eagle Ford shale
- Understand the competitive landscape of the companies in the Eagle Ford shale
- Keep yourself informed of the latest developments and contracts in this attractive shale play
- Identify opportunities and challenges in the Eagle Ford shale in the US.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Table of Contents
1.1. List of Tables
1.2. List of Figures
2.1. Eagle Ford Recent Developments and Trends
3. Eagle Ford Shale, Introduction
3.1. Eagle Ford Shale, Overview
3.2. Eagle Ford Shale, Nearby Infrastructure
4. Eagle Ford Shale, Production and Activity Overview
4.1. Eagle Ford Shale, Production Analysis by County, 2013-2018
4.1.1. Eagle Ford Shale, Gross Crude and Condensate Production by County, 2013-2018
4.1.2. Eagle Ford Shale, Gross Natural Gas Production by County, 2013-2018
4.2. Eagle Ford Shale, Production Outlook, 2019-2023
4.2.1. Eagle Ford Shale, Production Outlook, 2019-2023
4.3. Eagle Ford Shale, Drilling Activity, 2018
4.3.1. Eagle Ford Shale, Permits Issued and Completed
4.3.2. Eagle Ford Shale, Well Permits by County
4.3.3. Eagle Ford Shale, Well Permits by Company
5. Eagle Ford Shale, Competitive Landscape
5.1. Eagle Ford Shale, Major Companies by Acreage, 2018
5.2. Eagle Ford Shale, Major Companies by Gross Production, 2018
5.2.1 Eagle Ford Shale, Initial Production Rates
5.2.2. Austin Chalk vs Eagle Ford, Well Profile
5.3. Eagle Ford Shale, Future Plans by Major Companies
5.3.1. Eagle Ford Shale, Planned Investments, 2019
5.4. Eagle Ford Shale, Cost Trends, 2017-2018
5.4.1. Eagle Ford Shale, Well Costs
6. Eagle Ford Shale, Analysis of Top Five Companies
6.1. Eagle Ford Shale, Economic Metrics of Major Players
6.2. EOG Resources Inc.
6.2.1. Key Operational Parameters
6.3. Chesapeake Energy Corporation
6.3.1. Key Operational Parameters
6.4. Marathon Oil Corporation
6.4.1. Key Operational Parameters
6.5.1. Key Operational Parameters
6.6. Sanchez Energy Corporation
6.6.1. Key Operational Parameters
7. Eagle Ford Shale, Associated Infrastructure
7.2. LNG Facilities and Refining Units
8. Mergers and Acquisition Activity in the Eagle Ford Shale, 2013-2018
8.1. Major Acquisitions
8.1.1. BP acquired Petrohawk Energy from BHP
8.1.2. Chesapeake Energy announced the acquisition of WildHorse Resource Development
8.1.3. Noble Energy acquired Rosetta Resources
9. Recent Developments and Contracts in the Eagle Ford Shale, 2013-2018
9.1. Recent Developments
9.2. Recent Contracts
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/xla409
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190411005325/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: ENERGY OIL/GAS
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 04/11/2019 05:53 AM/DISC: 04/11/2019 05:52 AM