African B2C eCommerce Growth Opportunities Forecast to 2020: How are Emerging Leaders like Jumia and Takealot Advancing in the Market - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov 20, 2018--The “African B2C eCommerce Growth Opportunities, Forecast to 2020” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This research study provides an analysis of the African Business to Consumer (B2C) eCommerce market. The stakeholder scope includes B2C companies; geographic scope includes key African countries such as Egypt, Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa; and product category scope includes a number of segments such as books, electronics, fashion, household appliances, office supplies, real estate, smartphones and accessories, travel tickets, movie tickets, food/grocery and vehicle purchase/rentals, amongst others.
This study also details the key components and key stakeholders of the eCommerce value chain, primary retail structures, different types of eCommerce business models and also the role of eCommerce in the retail market value chain. It provides a snapshot of global eCommerce trends in terms of market size, product category and key markets. It also highlights the key market drivers and restraints that are shaping the African eCommerce market.
The study throws light on the results of the B2C survey conducted to understand the needs, preferences and buying behaviour of customers in terms of product category, payments, delivery, platforms, devices and retail models; and the impact of social media on online purchase decisions.
Further, this research service provides a country analysis for eCommerce markets in Egypt, Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa and also highlights key companies across key product categories. It discusses the business model, product portfolio, distribution and delivery, payments and after-sales service, digitized engagement, digital customer acquisition and growth strategy of key eCommerce leaders like Jumia Nigeria and Takealot in South Africa. It also lists key mergers and acquisitions that have shaped the African eCommerce market and have resulted in consolidation. It further highlights key market trends in terms of eCommerce operations as well as technology adoption within the African market.
This study explores key growth opportunities that businesses will look to invest in and the strategic imperatives they will adopt to accelerate their eCommerce journey. It also provides key predictions for the African eCommerce market, in terms of consumption and technological advancements.
Key Issues AddressedWhat are the main components in an eCommerce value chain and who are the key stakeholders? What are the different types of eCommerce business models? What are the key global trends in terms of market size and growth, and eCommerce as a % of total retail sales? What are the key drivers and restraints for the development of the eCommerce market in Africa? How are the key digital indicators shaping the African eCommerce market? What is the market size of the MEA eCommerce market? What were the findings and analysis from the B2C survey that was conducted to understand customer buying behaviour in terms of product category, payments, delivery, platforms, devices and retail models; and the impact of social media on customer purchase decisions? How is the eCommerce market growing in terms of market development, competition, growth potential and product category penetration in Egypt, Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa? How are emerging leaders like Jumia and Takealot advancing in the eCommerce market? How are the key mergers and acquisitions impacting the market? What are the key trends shaping the African eCommerce market? What are the potential growth opportunities in Africa that eCommerce companies can capitalise on to grow their businesses and stay competitive?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. eCommerce Market-Research PerspectiveKey Questions this Study will Answer Key Stakeholders in the eCommerce Value Chain eCommerce Value Chain Primary eCommerce Retail Structures Types of eCommerce Business Models Retail Market Value Chain and the Role of eCommerce in the Value Chain
3. Global eCommerce MarketKeeping Mega Trends in Mind, the Global Market for eCommerce is Pointing North, with Increasingly More customers Opting to Shop Online
4. Drivers and Restraints
5. Analysis of the African eCommerce MarketKey Digital Indicators MEA B2C eCommerce Market Size Forecast MEA B2C eCommerce Market Size Forecast Discussion MEA B2C eCommerce Market as a Percent of Total Retail Market Degree of eCommerce Development across Key African Countries Key eCommerce Landscape
6. B2C Survey AnalysisSurvey Background Why are Customers Shopping Online? Product Category Mode of Delivery Payments Penetration Platforms and Device Integration Retail Models and their Impact Social Media Influence on Online Purchase Decisions
7. Country Analysis-Analysis of the Egyptian eCommerce Market
8. Analysis of the Kenyan eCommerce Market
9. Analysis of the Nigerian eCommerce Market
10. Analysis of the South African eCommerce Market
11. Industry Landscape-Powerful Case Studies of Key eCommerce Leaders in AfricaOverview of the Company-Jumia Nigeria Major Components of eCommerce Operations Growth Journey Overview of the Company-Takealot South Africa Major Components of eCommerce Operations Growth Journey
12. Key Mergers and Acquisitions
13. Key Market TrendsOmni Channel Retailing Payments Integration The Shift from eCommerce to mCommerce Adoption of Analytics and AI Technologies
14. Growth Opportunities and Enterprises to ActionDigital Marketing AI-powered Chatbot Messaging Platforms AR Integration
15. The Last Word
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/m2pkmh/african_b2c?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181120005573/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: PROFESSIONAL SERVICES OTHER PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2018.
PUB: 11/20/2018 11:51 AM/DISC: 11/20/2018 11:50 AM