Black & Veatch Launches New UK Smart Maintenance Business
REDHILL, England--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mar 11, 2019--Black & Veatch has launched a Smart Maintenance business to support utility clients in the UK. The new offering builds upon the company’s technology-led asset management consulting experience - and its programme management, logistics and delivery expertise - to create digitally enabled onsite maintenance teams.
“Our Smart Maintenance business delivers a major evolution in the approach to delivering maintenance services. The big development is that our asset management support is typically delivered at the strategic level; smart maintenance is about helping clients implement those strategies on the ground,” said Mark Malcolm, Black & Veatch Europe’s Director for the new business. “We have designed and constructed many of our client’s assets, and developed strategies to manage them, so we are uniquely placed to help clients maintain them in the most efficient, effective manner.”
Smart Maintenance fits within the concept often referred to as the “fourth industrial revolution” and the shift to cyber-physical systems. For Black & Veatch, Smart Maintenance entails combining established technology-driven maintenance methodologies and smarter instrumentation, control and automation technology. This will be enabled by Black & Veatch’s own data analytics capabilities and visualisation dashboards; and the capabilities of its new artificial intelligence and machine learning strategic partner EMAGIN.
Black & Veatch’s new smart maintenance teams’ support is grounded in:
- Diagnostic analytics – condition, performance and uptime monitoring of the health of assets.
- Dynamic Preventative Maintenance - preventing failures before they occur by using intelligent predictions and dynamic maintenance planning.
- Prognostic Maintenance interventions - using machine learning, pattern recognition and advanced analytics to optimise, manage and deliver interventions.
The development of Smart Maintenance is a further extension of Black & Veatch’s UK utility offering into the infrastructure and capital maintenance sphere. By focussing initially on water but with a view to broadening to other sectors, the offering also supports a drive for greater diversification.
- In February 2019, Black & Veatch teamed up with EMAGIN to support UK water companies with advanced operational intelligence, allied to hands-on asset management and engineering expertise.
- In January 2018, Black & Veatch teamed up with EMS Cognito to offer bespoke Lean Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) programmes and training.
- In May 2018, Black & Veatch secured Yorkshire Water’s Dynamic Maintenance Planning programme an asset management programme covering the utility’s entire asset base.
- In July 2018, Black & Veatch secured a top-ten placing in the NCE100 2018 ranking. In addition, the company was shortlisted for four categories in the NCE100 Awards 2018: Smart Operator, Leader in Collaboration, Health and Wellbeing Leader, Excellence in Water.
- Black & Veatch is also delivering AMP6 asset management programmes for Thames Water and Dwr Cymru/Welsh Water.
About Black & Veatch
Black & Veatch is an employee-owned, global leader in building critical human infrastructure in Energy, Water, Telecommunications and Government Services. Since 1915, we have helped our clients improve the lives of people in over 100 countries through consulting, engineering, construction, operations and program management. Our revenues in 2017 were $3.4 billion. Follow us on www.bv.com and in social media.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190311005391/en/
CONTACT: Black & Veatch
MALCOLM HALLSWORTH| +44 1737 856594 p | +44 7920 701764 m |HallsworthM@BV.com
24-HOUR MEDIA HOTLINE| +1 866 496 9149
KEYWORD: UNITED KINGDOM EUROPE IRELAND
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: ENERGY UTILITIES TECHNOLOGY DATA MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE OTHER TECHNOLOGY TRANSPORT MANUFACTURING LOGISTICS/SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT ENGINEERING PROFESSIONAL SERVICES CONSULTING FINANCE OTHER PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
SOURCE: Black & Veatch
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 03/11/2019 07:19 AM/DISC: 03/11/2019 07:19 AM