Cotter speech team sends nine to state meet
The Cotter speech team will be advancing nine speakers in eight events to the state speech meet on Friday, April 12.
The team sent 38 speakers to the section meet and had 19 speakers advance to finals and earn section medals. Those medalists earned enough points for the team to take the Section 1A runner-up trophy.
Those placing in the top three and advancing to state are Hailey Biesanz in Discussion, Vivienne Warner in Drama, Jack Walters and Sam Wantock in Duo, Aubrey Williams in Extemporaneous Reading, Grace Miller in Original Oratory, Emily Tullis in Original Oratory, Hunter Ramsden in Prose, and Nadia Hocum in Prose.
Speech team section medalists are:
• Peter Badciong, fifth place, Creative Expression
• Hailey Biesanz, third place, Discussion
• Vivienne Warner, third place, Drama
• Jack Walters/Sam Wantock, second place, Duo
• Aubrey Williams, first place, Extemp Reading
• Gabe Welc, fourth place, Extemp Reading
• Tess Mullen, fifth place, Extemp Reading
• Megan Costello, sixth place, Extemp Reading
• Hannah Graff, fourth place, Extemp Speaking
• Cecelia Galke, sixth place, Great Speeches
• Choco Li, fifth place, Informative
• Grace Miller, second place, Original Oratory
• Emily Tullis, third place, Original Oratory
• Viva Graff, fourth place, Original Oratory
• Alison French, fourth place, Poetry
• Hunter Ramsden, second place, Prose
• Nadia Hocum, third place, Prose
• Lexi Licheng, fifth place, Prose
• Megan Zenke, sixth place, Storytelling