European and North America CV Telematics Opportunity Analysis 2019-2025 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb 13, 2019--The “CV Telematics Opportunity Analysis by Industry, EU and NA, Forecast to 2025” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The commercial vehicle industry faces common challenges, such as rising fixed costs, difficulty in ensuring immediate truck availability, prolonged delivery time, high operating costs, high fuel spend, increased repair cost, and sub-optimal asset utilisation. Telematics has been the go-to solution for industry participants in addressing these challenges.
However, the CV industry is comprised of a variety of vocational vehicles facing challenges that differ by the vehicle type and the industry vertical they operate in.
Whilst the unique challenges facing fleet operators in the construction and mining industry are related to maintenance scheduling, idling, preventing theft, ensuring safety, and regulating load weight, those in the food and beverages / pharma industry relate to managing food safety, trailer management, diversified fleets, and vehicle downtime. This study identifies the unique challenges facing each industry vertical mentioned above and analyses their implications.
Most importantly, it highlights how these unique pain points can be addressed with the help of separate telematics-based solutions or a combination thereof. It also differentiates the current pain points from those that are likely to arise in future and identifies the telematics solutions required to address them over the short-term, mid-term, and long-term period.
Trends such as Logistics 4.0, ELD mandates, and the Amazon effect are expected to propel the penetration of telematics services in specific regions and vocations. Similarly, technologies such as plug and play and OBD-II dongles will boost telematics adoption in the light commercial vehicle (LCV) segment. This study discusses the trends affecting each industry along with their impact on telematics adoption.
Mergers and acquisitions are amongst the many growth opportunities identified in this study. Telematics service providers believe that there are gaps in their product portfolio when it comes to addressing challenges specific to certain industries, regions, or vehicle models, and they are looking at M&As as the solution to this.
Key Issues addressedWhat are the challenges that fleet operators from different industries or vocations are facing? How can the pain points of fleet operators of different vocations/industries be addressed using telematics? What is the penetration rate of CV telematics in different industries in Europe? What is the penetration rate of CV telematics in different industries in North America? What are the growth opportunities for CV telematics in different industries in Europe and North America?
Key Topics Covered:
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARYKey Findings Commercial Vehicle Industries Using Telematics Industry-wise Fleet Manager Existing Pain Points Reasons for Investing in Fleet Management Solutions
2. RESEARCH SCOPE, OBJECTIVES, AND METHODOLOGYResearch Aim and Objectives Research Methodology Key Questions this Study will Answer
3. DEFINITION AND SEGMENTATIONVehicle Segmentation Industry-wise Truck Segmentation Solution Types Key Telematics Services - An Overview
4. VOICE OF FLEET OWNERSFamiliarity with Fleet Management Solutions Preference for Telematics Solution Provider by Type Percentage of Telematics Penetration Types of Non-Telematics Fleet Management Solutions Used
5. CASE STUDIES BY INDUSTRYHAVI Group - Food and Beverages: Logistics TNT Express N.V. - Transportation and Logistics Bill Howe Plumbing - Plumbing and HVAC Red Hawk Fire & Security - Utilities Gorski Bulk Transport - Petroleum and Chemicals; F&B Plote Construction - Construction and Mining
6. TELEMATICS SERVICE PROVIDER VIEWPetroleum and Chemicals - Current and Future Pain Points Construction and Mining - Current and Future Pain Points Retail and Parcel Delivery - Current and Future Pain Points Service and Maintenance; Utilities - Current and Future Pain Points Food and Beverages; Pharmaceuticals - Current and Future Pain Points
7. MARKET MEASUREMENT AND ANALYSISRegional LCV and M/HCV Telematics Penetration Telematics Penetration by Industry in Europe - Current and Future Telematics Penetration by Industry in North America - Current and Future
8. GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES AND COMPANIES TO ACTION5 Core Pain Points Identified - Mapped to Telematics Services Key Differentiating Telematics Services by Industry Growth Opportunity Strategic Imperatives
9. THE LAST WORD
Companies MentionedBill Howe Plumbing Gorski Bulk Transport HAVI Groups Plote Construction Red Hawk Fire & Security TNT Express N.V.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/prmrpv/european_and?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190213005273/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Telematics and Vehicle Electronics
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: RETAIL OTHER RETAIL
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 02/13/2019 04:32 AM/DISC: 02/13/2019 04:32 AM