BROWNSVILLE, Texas (AP) _ A 7-year-old boy died after accidentally getting entangled in a clothesline and choking, police said.

Jesus Daniel Moreno died at a hospital after his mother found him lying unconscious in the carport, police records show. He had a nylon cord from the clothesline wrapped around his neck. His 5-year-old brother saw him lying on the ground and told their mother.

Moreno's mother was mowing the lawn and his father was changing the oil when the accident occurred, police said.

Brownsville Police Lt. James Paschall said that no charges were expected to be filed.