AP NEWS

Officials: Carbon monoxide leak sickens jazz club patrons

August 17, 2018

NEW YORK (AP) — The New York City Fire Department says a group of patrons at a midtown Manhattan jazz club were sickened by a carbon monoxide leak.

First responders were called to The Iridium around 10:30 p.m. Thursday. The club was evacuated when firefighters discovered a carbon monoxide leak in the beverage system.

Multiple people at the club were evaluated by EMS. At least one person has been hospitalized.

An investigation is ongoing.

AP RADIO
Update hourly