AP NEWS

Electrical fire sends firemen to small Southeast Idaho community

November 23, 2018

An electrical problem sparked a blaze in the attic of a home at 10692 N. Highway 34 in Treasureton on Sunday, but it was extinguished before it destroyed the home.

The Franklin County Fire Department was dispatched to the home of Brandon and Cindy Sanchez at about 6 p.m. Sunday. They had been running a space heater, which was connected to some old wiring in the home, said Franklin County Fire Marshall Matt Gleed. Flames were visible but were quickly extinguished by firefighters upon their arrival.

Damages are estimated between $5,000 and $10,000, Gleed said.

Treasureton is an unincorporated community a few miles north of Preston.

AP RADIO
Update hourly