Five things you need to know today, Oct. 11
Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Thursday, Oct. 11. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. The United States Marshals Service late Wednesday sent a news release that sheds more light on the death of an inmate under their watch at Medical Center Hospital on Monday.
2. Residents and business owners voiced opposition to Odessa City Council’s suggested annexation areas just outside of city limits.
3. With more than 200 teacher openings, the Ector County Independent School District Board of Trustees heard ideas for filling those spots.
4. A 19-year-old Odessa man who was enrolled in a seminary school to become a priest was arrested after he reportedly groped his 14-year-old cousin, a probable cause affidavit detailed.
5. IN SPORTS: The Odessa College volleyball team made quick work of its match Wednesday against Western Texas College, rolling to a 25-13, 25-15, 25-8 victory in WJCAC action at the OC Sports Center.