LAS VEGAS (AP) _ Henry Akinwande will get to keep the $1 million he earned in his losing bid for the WBC heavyweight title against Lennox Lewis.

Nevada boxing officials voted Monday not to take any further disciplinary action against Akinwande, who was disqualified for repeated holding in the fifth round of the July 12 fight at Lake Tahoe.

Akinwande's $1 million purse was withheld immediately after the fight pending possible additional penalties against Akinwande for holding Lewis throughout much of the fight.

But Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Marc Ratner said commissioners felt Akinwande had been punished enough by being disqualified in the ring and losing his chance for the title.

Commissioners voted 4-0 against proceeding with additional action against the boxer.

Under a Nevada law passed in the wake of Mike Tyson's biting of Evander Holyfield, Akinwande could have lost his entire purse for the holding.

Ratner said Akinwande's purse was released following the decision.