AP NEWS
Related topics

19-Year-Old Man And His Infant Son Killed In Gas Leak

November 16, 1986

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) _ A man and his infant son were found dead inside their home Saturday, asphixiated by fumes from a natural gas leak, police said.

Jeffrey Lynn Turner, 19, and his 1 1/2 -year-old son, Jeremy Glenn Turner, died in an apparently accidental gas leak, said Lt. L.A. Sager. His 18-year- old wife, Patricia, was in serious condition at John Peter Smith Hospital after being overcome by the fumes.

Neighbor James L. Cole said he removed the three from the home after shutting off the main gas value in the rear of the house.

″It’s a wonder there was no explosion out there,″ Sager said, adding that the gas in one heater in the living room was on but with no flame, while the heater in the bathroom had a flame.

The windows of the house were shut and the door was closed but unlocked, police said.

Sager said a Tarrant County medical investigator who went to the scene said the deaths were ″accidental pending autopsy.″

AP RADIO
Update hourly