Internet of Things (IoT) Markets: A Global Outlook to 2023 - Emergence of AI and Smart Home Devices & Innovations in Sensor Technologies Support Growth - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 1, 2019--The “Internet of Things (IoT) Markets: A Global Outlook” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The report is a compilation of the existing reports in IoT markets. Topics analyzed within the report include a detailed breakdown and analysis of the global markets for IoT by components, platforms and end-users.
The scope of this report extends to sizing of the IoT market and an analysis of global market trends with market data for IoT technologies at global level in 2017, which is considered as the base year, 2018 as the estimate year and forecast for 2023 with projection of compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2018 to 2023. The scope is limited to the recent studies published by the researcher on IoT.
The report focuses on the assessment of IoT technologies and an analysis of companies/platforms and the related service providers. Market dynamics such as drivers, restraints, opportunities and challenges are also discussed in the report. The study forecasts the market value of the IoT market for key technologies.
The IoT industry is highly fragmented with a large number of small startups entering the market.
An interesting trend shaping the industry is the growing interest of many of the larger IT solutions/service providers who view IoT platforms as high margin solutions that will generate a steady revenue stream through cloud-based, subscription revenue models. This has spurred a number of high-value acquisitions in the past three years, for instance, Jasper’s acquisition b Cisco in 2016.
The IoT industry is also seeing activities from many global mobile network operators for connectivity management platforms as well as IT solution developers for application enablement platforms. The market has benefitted from the combined effects of a strong lineup of new IoT platforms, a marketing push to educate IT decision makers on the scope of their platforms and sustained demand for platforms in the enterprise and consumer applications segment.
IoT is in its growth stage and there are significant revenues to be attained even in the components segment of the market. The subject matter of this study is critical in providing additional intelligence for decision-makers all along the value chain within the IoT industry.
The emergence of artificial intelligence and smart home devices and innovations in the sensor technologies are primarily supporting the growth of the market. In view of these trends, the publisher has decided that this is an appropriate time to provide a general outlook of the current scenario in order to provide readers with an up-to-date understanding of the value and structure of the global IoT industry.
The report includes:
- 28 tables
- An overview of the Internet of Things (IoT), its evolution and advancements in IoT Technologies
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2017, 2018 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Detailed study of network connectivity management IoT platforms and description of common features and functionalities of IoT connectivity platforms
- Comparative study of IoT security, cybersecurity and enterprise IT security
- Information on application enabled platforms (AEP) and coverage of future AEP technology trends
- Description of smart home devices, their technology and architecture and comparison of smart devices vs. smart hubs
- Detailed company profiles of major players in the market, including Marvel Semiconductor, Haystack, Oracle, STMicroelectronics, Sigma Designs, Withings USA, Double Robotics
Key Topics Covered
Chapter 1 Introduction
- Scope of the Report
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing the Study
- Intended Audience
- Methodology and Information Sources
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market Overview
- Evolution of the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Advancements in IoT
- IoT Technologies
- IoT Security Solutions
- Differences Among IoT Security, Cybersecurity and Enterprise IT Security
- Cost-Benefit Considerations for Implementing Security Solutions
Chapter 4 Market Breakdown by Component
- Smart Connector
- Embedded System
- Networking Technologies
- Device Drivers
- Operating System
- Application Software and Internet Connectivity
- Software Development Cycle
Chapter 5 Market Breakdown by IoT Platforms
- Application Enabled Platforms (AEP)
- Market Size and Forecasts
- Future AEP Technology Trends
- Network Connectivity Management IoT Platforms
- Network Connectivity Technologies
- Wide Area Wireless Network Technologies
- Local Area Network Technologies
- Common Features and Functionalities of IoT Connectivity Platforms
- Market Drivers
- Market Challenges
- Market Size and Forecasts
- Device Management IoT Platforms
- Common Functionalities of a Device Management IoT Platform
- Common Device Communication Protocols
- Market Size and Forecasts
- Future Technology Trends
Chapter 6 Market Breakdown by End-Users
- IoT in the Enterprise
- Digital Enterprise
- Business Process Optimization
- Product Deployment and Supply Chain Optimization
- Business Intelligence
- Customer Satisfaction
- New Services
- Cost Savings
- IoT Value Proposition to Businesses
- Smart Home
- Smart Home Devices: Technology and Architecture
- Smart Devices VS. Smart Hubs
- IoT Applications for Smart Home
- Challenges with the Connected Home
- Industrial IoT Devices
- Applications of IoT in Industries
- Challenges in Industrial IoT
- IoT in the Restaurant and Hospitality Industry
- Retail Stanchion POS
- Groupon’s POS
- IoT in Retail
- Inventory Management
- Fleet Management
- Real-time Promotions
- IoT Retail by Technology
- IoT in Transportation
- Connected Cars
- Android Auto
- IoT in Healthcare
- FDA and IoT Devices
- Fertility Tracking
- Personal Meditation Assistant
- Smart Shirt
- Sports Bra Senses Heart Rate
- Smart Shoes
- IoT in Agriculture
- Pest Control
- Water Conservation
- Real-time Analysis of Data for Farmers
- IoT in Energy and Utility
- IoT and Smart Meters
- IoT Security in the Utility and Energy Sector
- New Developments in the Energy and Utilities IoT Market
- IoT in Manufacturing
- Process Manufacturing
- Discrete Manufacturing
Chapter 7 Company Profiles
- Hardware Platforms
- ARM Holding Plc
- Broadcom Corp.
- Freescale Semiconductor Inc.
- Imagination Technologies Inc.
- Intel Corp.
- Marvel Semiconductor Inc.
- Mediatek Inc.
- Qualcomm Incorporated
- Texas Instruments Inc.
- IoT Platforms
- Iobridge Inc.
- Cloud-Side Platforms
- Bug Labs
- Microsoft Corp.
- Oracle Corp.
- Xively By Logmein
- Iot Open Source Platforms
- IoT Chipsets And Platforms
- Electric Imp Inc.
- Invensense Inc.
- Apigy Inc.
- Apple Inc.
- Belkin International
- Control4 Corp.
- Crestron Electronics Inc.
- Google Llc
- Ismartalarm Inc.
- LG Electronics Inc.
- Savant Systems Llc
- Sigma Designs Inc.
- Whirlpool Corp.
- Fitbit Inc.
- Nike Inc.
- Sony Corp.
- Withings USA
- Industrial IoT
- and many more...
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/cib974
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190501005556/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Internet of Things and M2M
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY DATA MANAGEMENT INTERNET
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 05/01/2019 08:01 AM/DISC: 05/01/2019 08:01 AM