Emerging Jobs in Life Sciences and What You Should Be Training for Now - 2019 Study - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mar 6, 2019--The “Emerging Jobs in Life Sciences and What You Should Be Training for Now” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Finding the right career path is one of the biggest challenges in every person’s life. We want to make sure we make the right choices and decisions concerning our future employment opportunities. And it’s no longer a one-time decision. Employment conditions and opportunities are not constantly evolving and this requires us to update our skill set and knowledge base on a continual basis.
This analysis of current and emerging trends in the market can be helpful in making the right decision based on your personality, education and other skills. In our dynamic and constantly evolving world, in order to succeed, a person needs to understand what potential future directions the job market might take and how novel technologies will affect the need to change one’s career track or train for a new career path.
Trends described below will help readers navigate the evolving biotech market to choose the right direction.
Immuno-oncology, a Future in Cancer Treatment
It is obvious that the immune approach to treating cancer or so-called cancer immunotherapy has become the next big thing. Recent drug development trends show that immunotherapy can be more effective and efficient than traditional chemotherapies.
Cancer immunotherapy/immuno-oncology is defined as an artificial stimulation of the immune system to treat cancer, thus improving one’s natural ability to fight this disease. This approach exploits the fact that cancer cells have specific tumor antigens that can be detected by the antibody proteins of the immune system. Normal antibodies bind to external pathogens; however, modified immunotherapy antibodies bind to the tumor antigens. This helps the immune system to inhibit or kill cancer cells.
The report includes:
- An overview of the emerging and growing trends in the life science/biotech industry as a potential career track
- Why understanding CRISPR technology can be an important skill in career development
- Information on genomics data management and its role in creating jobs for genomics and genetics specialized students
- Coverage of artificial intelligence and drug discovery job market
- Insights of nanotechnology applications and evaluation of their role in biomedical engineering jobs
- List of potential career pathways for biotech/pharma professionals
Chapter 1 Emerging Jobs in Life Sciences and What You Should Be Training for Now
- Immuno-oncology, a Future in Cancer Treatment
- CRISPR: Technology, Ethics, and Potential Expanding Market
- Genomic Data Sequencing and Data Management
- Artificial Intelligence, New Direction in Drug Discovery
- Nanotechnology and 3D Printing
- 3D Printing
- Neurobiology, a Market with Unmet Needs
- Summary and Conclusion
Chapter 2 References
List of Tables
Table 1: Examples of Companies Applying Artificial Intelligence in Drug Discovery
Table 2: Examples of Potential Career Pathways in Emerging Biotech Markets
List of Figures
Figure 1: Immunotherapy Options in Cancer Treatment
Figure 2: Schematic Presentation of CRISPR Technology
Figure 3: Total Number of Publications Related to CRISPR Technology, 2014-2018
Figure 4: Application of Artificial Intelligence in Drug Discovery and Development
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2k7j9h/emerging_jobs_in?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190306005613/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Biotechnology,Professional Development and Training
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: OTHER SCIENCE SCIENCE
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 03/06/2019 12:09 PM/DISC: 03/06/2019 12:09 PM