AP NEWS

Attack survivors urged to apply for expense reimbursements

August 4, 2018

PHOENIX (AP) — Arizona’s attorney general is encouraging survivors of the Oct. 1 attack on the Las Vegas Strip to apply to a Nevada crime-victim program for expense reimbursements by the application deadline on the tragedy’s one-year anniversary.

Fifty-eight people were killed and hundreds were injured when a gunman opened fire on the Route 91 Harvest festival.

Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich said money from the Nevada Victims of Crime Program can be used to pay for current or future out-of-pocket expenses resulting from the attack.

Brnovich’s office said 595 Arizonans reportedly bought tickets to the festival and that so far only 82 people from Arizona have applied for victim’s benefits. Most are from Maricopa and Mohave counties.

Expenses that can be reimbursed include medical bills and counseling co-pays not covered by insurance.

AP RADIO
Update hourly