Lonestar, demo derby headline Carroll County Fair
MILLEDGEVILLE – The Carroll County Fair will returns next week at the fairgrounds, 28374 Milledgeville Road.
The grandstand lineup is headlined this year by Lonestar at 8 p.m. Aug. 10. Brooke Byam & the PeOple will kick off the night at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 for grandstand seating and $20 for a track wristband.
The always popular demolition derby returns Aug. 11. The night will begin with the The Power Wheel demo derby at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 for grandstand seating and $25 for pit passes.
Fair activities start at 3 p.m. Sunday, with Ag Olympics for ages 8 to adult. Education entry judging will be at 3:30 p.m., while antiques entries will be judged at 6 p.m.
Carroll County 4-H and the Carroll County Livestock Feeders Association will have a hamburger meal deal from 5 to 7 p.m. at the 4-H Exhibit Building. Five bucks will get you a hamburger, chips, a bar cookie and water; additional burgers are $3 each.
Joe Stebbings will demonstrate chainsaw carving at 2, 4, 6, and 8 p.m. Wednesday through Aug. 10, and 10 a.m., noon, 2, and 4 p.m. Aug. 11, with his works auctioned at 6 p.m. Aug. 11.
There will be Bingo with prizes from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday through Aug. 11.
The carnival will be open from 6 to 10 p.m. Tuesday, 5 to 10 p.m. Wednesday, 1 to 10 p.m. Aug. 9, 5 to 10 p.m. Aug. 10, and 1 to 10 p.m. Aug. 11. The children’s farm will be open throughout the festival.
• Monday: Textiles and fine arts judging, open and junior at 9 a.m.; Canned goods judging at 10 a.m.; and 4-H livestock and small animal auction in the poultry building at 7 p.m.
• Tuesday: Farm produce and fruits judging, open and junior at 8 a.m., open beef judging; junior sheep judging, followed by junior market lamb at 8:30 a.m., poultry judging at 9 a.m., floriculture judging, Division 1 and junior at 10:30 a.m., rabbit judging at 6 p.m., and the free Illini State Truck Pull and Mini Rods show at 6:30 p.m. at the grandstand.
• Wednesday: Junior beef, open sheep, and open market lamb judging at 8 a.m., baking – cookies, pies, rolls and buns, and yeast breads, open and junior – at 10:30 a.m., antique and farmer tractor pull at 11 a.m., style show at 2 p.m. at green exhibition building, tractor parade at 5:30 p.m., and the free Badger State tractor pull at 6:30 p.m. at the grandstand.
• Aug. 9: Floriculture Division II judging at 10 a.m., culinary baking judging – cakes, bar cookies, quick breads, candy, and muffins – at 10:30 a.m., power wheel and bicycle races from 1 to 3 p.m., kids’ day on the midway from 1 to 5 p.m., and T&C Rodeo at 6:30 p.m. at the grandstand.
• Aug. 10: Dairy show judging, open and junior at 9 a.m., cow class judging in milk at 11:30 a.m.
• Aug. 11: Men’s baking and specialty baking judging at 10 a.m., garden tractor pull at 11 a.m., pedal tractor pull at 1 p.m., bags tournament at east end of fairgrounds and kids’ day on the midway from 1 to 5 p.m., ZOWA live wrestling from 2 to 5 p.m., comedian Vic Clevenger at 5:30 p.m., 50-50 raffle drawing at 8 p.m. at the main stage.
Go to carrollcountyfair.info for more information.