2018 E-Commerce Report: Think Inside The Box - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan 29, 2019--The “2018 E-Commerce: Think Inside The Box” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This research report explores the impact and changes e-commerce is creating along the consumer supply chain, from product manufacturing to delivery.
The voice of this report is from product manufacturers, retailers, suppliers, 3PLs, and companies supporting the supply chain to learn what is changing in product packaging, materials, and fulfilment.
E-Commerce is changing our world:Flexible Manufacturing - CPGs are asking for flexible equipment designed to meet the changes in packaging for smaller package sizes and smaller pack counts. Logistics Poised for Growth - Growth in 3PLs predicted to warehouse, fulfil, and ship the increasing demand for direct consumer delivery. Product Protection - Brand manufacturers are exploring multi-channels to get product to the consumer, adding more touch points and creating the need for packaging to protect a product more than promote it. Right-Sized Containers - E-commerce opens up the need for a variety of package types and sizes. Right-sizing the shipping container is becoming increasingly important. Digital Everything - Data acquisition at every point will continue to impact efficiencies and drive uptime. Lack of Labor - The lack of labor remains a challenge for everyone and increasingly automation will fill the gap. On-Demand Delivery - Consumers are ordering more products online, by simply clicking, and impacting the supply chain like never before. Last Mile Delivery - There are numerous options to get packages to the consumer and the last mile or the final 50 feet is getting significant attention to find the most efficient and effective delivery method.
1. Executive SummaryNavigating E-Commerce Top Action Items Change Creates Opportunities Think Inside the Box Size of E-Commerce Market
2. Packaging ChallengesDecisions About Packaging Changes Primary Packaging Secondary Packaging Materials Corrugated Usage Growing
3. Technology OpportunitiesIncrease in Machines Purchased Machine Functionality Requests Flexibility for Shorter Runs
4. Supply Chain ConsiderationsUse of 3PL versus In-House Fulfilment A New Game Growth in Logistics Packaging Considerations Traceability
5. Future OutlookVastly Different Supply Chain Challenges of Getting Up to Speed Transformation in Collaboration
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/v3q5gp/2018_ecommerce?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190129005635/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: ONLINE RETAIL SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT MANUFACTURING PACKAGING RETAIL
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 01/29/2019 10:17 AM/DISC: 01/29/2019 10:17 AM