Opportunity Assessment of the Global Nasal Drug Delivery Technology Market, 2019-2025 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mar 6, 2019--The “Nasal Drug Delivery Technology Market Analysis Report By Therapeutic Application (Asthma, Rhinitis), By Dosage Form (Powder, Gel, Spray, Drops), By Container Type, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global nasal drug delivery systems market size is expected to reach USD 67.99 billion by 2025 expanding at 6.5% CAGR.
Rising awareness about nasal products is one of the major factors driving the market. Growing geriatric population is also expected to have positive impact on the market.
According to the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs, the global geriatric population (60 years and above), was around 962 million in 2017. The number is expected to grow, particularly in Latin America with 71% rise in population aged 60 and over, followed by Asia (66%), Africa (64%), North America (41%), and Europe (23%).
Moreover, ongoing product development and their expected commercialization will propel market growth over the forecast period. For instance, In April 2018, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, along with its subsidiary Promius Pharma, LLC, announced filing of their New Drug Application (NDA) for DFN-02, for the treatment of migraine.
Increasing adoption of self-administration practices and focus on other alternative routes of drug delivery, such as nasal drug delivery, also offer growth opportunities for the market.
Some of the key companies in the industry are AstraZeneca PLC; OptiNose, Inc.; Pfizer, Inc.; Becton, Dickinson and Company; Promius Pharma LLC; B.F. Ascher & Company, Inc.; and Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Nasal sprays led the dosage type segment in 2017 due to increased prevalence of asthma and other infectious diseases
- On the other hand, nasal drops segment witnessed the fastest growth in 2017 owing to availability of cost-effective products with better efficacy
- Non-pressurized containers segment led the market in 2017 due to continuous development in nasal powders and gel products
- Asthma was the dominant therapeutic application segment in 2017 and is estimated to be the fastest-growing segment with a CAGR of 7% during the forecast years due to increasing disease prevalence
- Geographically, North America held the largest share in 2017. Asia Pacific is estimated to witness the fastest CAGR of 7.5% due to presence of key companies, such as Cipla Inc.
- Some of the leading companies in the global nasal drug delivery technology market are GlaxoSmithKline PLC; AstraZeneca PLC; Pfizer, Inc.; OptiNose, Inc.; Becton, Dickinson and Company; Promius Pharma, LLC; Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd.; B.F. Ascher & Company, Inc.; PendoPharm, Inc.; Douglas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.; ENT Technologies Pty. Ltd.; and NAVEH Pharma Ltd.
Chapter 1 Methodology and Scope
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Research Scope and Assumptions
1.3 List of Tables
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
2.1 Market Summary
Chapter 3 Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Market Segmentation
Chapter 4 Market Definitions
Chapter 5 Industry Outlook
5.1 Market Variable Analysis
5.1.1 Increasing preference for nasal drug delivery technology
5.1.2 Growing incidence of chronic diseases
5.1.3 Growing geriatric population
5.2 Market Restraint Analysis
5.2.1 Complications associated with the overuse of nasal powders
Chapter 6 Business Environment Analysis
6.1 SWOT Analysis; By factor (Political & legal, economic and technological)
6.2 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
Chapter 7 Dosage Forms Business Analysis
7.1 Nasal Drug Delivery Technology market: Dosage Forms Movement Analysis
7.2 Nasal Spray
7.3 Nasal Drop
7.4 Nasal Gel
7.5 Nasal Powder
Chapter 8 Container Type Business Analysis
8.1 Nasal Drug Delivery Technology market: Container Type Movement Analysis
8.2 Pressurized container
8.3 Pressurized container market estimates and forecast, 2014 - 2025
8.4 Non-pressurized container
8.5 Non-pressurized container market estimates and forecast, 2014 - 2025
Chapter 9 Therapeutic Application Business Analysis
9.1 Nasal Drug Delivery Technology market: Therapeutic Application Movement Analysis
9.2 Nasal Congestion
Chapter 10 Regional Business Analysis
10.1 Nasal Drug Delivery Technology Market: Regional Movement Analysis
10.2 North America
10.5 Latin America
10.6 Middle East and Africa
Chapter 11 Company Profiles
11.1 Company Profiles
11.1.1 GlaxoSmithkline PLC
11.1.3 Pfizer Inc.
11.1.5 Becton, Dickson and Company
11.1.6 Promius Pharma
11.1.7 B.F. Ascher & Company Inc.
11.1.8 Cadila Pharmaceuticals
11.1.9 Douglas NZ
11.1.10 ENT Technologies Pty. Ltd.
11.1.12 NAVEH Pharma
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2t5v4s/opportunity?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190306005526/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Transdermal and Transmucosal Drug Delivery
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: HEALTH PHARMACEUTICAL
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 03/06/2019 10:42 AM/DISC: 03/06/2019 10:42 AM