ABERDEEN, S.D. (AP) — Fire in a three-unit apartment building in Aberdeen prompted the evacuation of seven residents.

The American News reports (http://bit.ly/2ttLiJn ) that the blaze broke out about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday. Fire and Rescue Battalion Commander Joel Weig says a bathroom ceiling fan overheated, and flames spread to nearby insulation and attic trusses.

No injuries were reported. The evacuated residents were put up at a hotel overnight. Weig says the apartment where the fire occurred needs repairs, but the residents of the other two units will be able to return.


Information from: Aberdeen American News, http://www.aberdeennews.com