AP NEWS
Click to copy
Click to copy

Apartment fire blamed on person smoking while using oxygen

July 24, 2019

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP) — Authorities say a person smoking while using oxygen apparently sparked a blaze that forced the partial evacuation of a Springfield apartment building with about 200 units.

KTTS-FM reports that the fire started early Wednesday on the third floor of the Franciscan Villa. One person was rushed to a hospital to be treated for burns and smoke inhalation.

A nonprofit group, called The Kitchen, operates Franciscan Villa as an affordable housing community.

___

Information from: KTTS-FM, http://www.ktts.com

All contents © copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.