WEFTEC Conference in the United States: SUEZ Announces 4 Contracts on the American Continents
PARIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct 2, 2018--At the WEFTEC1conference, held from the 29thof September to the 3rdof October in New Orleans, SUEZ’s Water Technologies and Solutions business unit announced 4 contracts. SUEZ is also expanding its range of membrane technologies to fully meet its customer needs. These new contracts and advanced water technologies confirm the dynamism of Water Technologies & Solutions, one year after its creation.
Through these contracts, SUEZ will support industrial players in oil & gas and agri-food sectors, and municipalities in the United States, Canada and Brazil. The Group will bring leading-edge technologies to help its clients improve their environmental performance, meet their business and operational needs, and comply with regulations:
- An operations and maintenance contract of the wastewater treatment plant at the salad dressing manufacturer Litehouse Inc.’s facility in Lowell, Michigan. SUEZ will provide an on-site operator, wastewater treatment chemicals and 24/7 technical support. The company will also employ its InSight asset performance management (APM) system to ensure the plant operates at the highest levels of reliability, efficiency and output. This cloud-based digital solution aggregates and analyzes data related to the operation of key plant assets (membranes, tanks, boilers, cooling towers…) to enable operators to uncover areas of optimization and implement process improvements.
- Contract to provide nanofiltration membranes to MODEC, a global supplier and operator of offshore floating platforms. SUEZ will provide 1,000 nanofiltration membranes for MODEC’s FPSO vessels Cidade de São Paulo MV22 and MV24, deployed in the Santos basin, off the coast of Brazil. The FPSOs are capable of processing 250,000 barrels of oil per day. SUEZ will supply seawater sulfate removal membranes to drastically reduce scale and corrosion in the injection well, thus optimizing enhanced oil recovery.
- SUEZ supports the city of New Orleans PCCP project 2 launched after hurricane Katrina. SUEZ recently completed the installation of 17 custom Climber Screen systems at three critical canals in New Orleans. The technology is designed to help control flooding and help prevent pollution in Lake Pontchartrain.
- Contract for the wastewater treatment plant of the City of Barrie, Ontario, Canada. SUEZ will supply its ZeeWeed 500D MBR technology, as well as engineering design support and on-site commissioning for what will become one of the largest MBR plants in Canada. This technology will help the City of Barrie optimize wastewater treatment, in compliance with recent stringent effluent limits, and protect the environment and Lake Simcoe water quality.
- SUEZ expands its range of membrane technologies with the launch of two new ZeeWeed 500 products to address the needs of small wastewater treatment plants. This cutting-edge technology, used by over 2,000 plants worldwide is now available for all wastewater treatment plants, from micro-sized to mega-sized plants.
“ Water quality and scarcity are among the greatest challenges the world faces today. Innovative solutions for water treatment and recycling are essential to combat these growing threats and prevent conflicts over water use,” highlighted Jean-Louis Chaussade, Chief Executive Officer of SUEZ. “ These contracts and advanced water technologies illustrate the dynamism of the water treatment market and the positioning of SUEZ as a worldwide innovative technologies and solutions provider for industries and municipalities.”
About SUEZ With 90,000 people on the five continents, SUEZ is a world leader in smart and sustainable resource management. We provide water and waste management solutions that enable cities and industries to optimize their resource management and strengthen their environmental and economic performances, in line with regulatory standards. To meet increasing demands to overcome resource quality and scarcity challenges, SUEZ is fully engaged in the resource revolution. With the full potential of digital technologies and innovative solutions, the Group recovers 17 million tons of waste a year, produces 3.9 million tons of secondary raw materials and 7 TWh of local renewable energy. It also secures water resources, delivering wastewater treatment services to 58 million people and reusing 882 million m 3 of wastewater. SUEZ generated total revenues of 15.9 billion euros in 2017.
Find out more about the SUEZ Group on the website & on social media
1 Water Environment Federation’s Technical Exhibition and Conference 2 The Permanent Canal Closures and Pumps (PCCP) project
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181002005878/en/
CONTACT: SUEZ’s Water Technologies and Solutions
Catherine des Arcis, +33 (0)1 58 81 54 23
Analysts & Investors
+33 (0)1 58 81 24 05
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES BRAZIL EUROPE NORTH AMERICA SOUTH AMERICA CANADA LOUISIANA FRANCE MICHIGAN
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: BUILDING SYSTEMS ENERGY OIL/GAS UTILITIES TECHNOLOGY DATA MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING OTHER MANUFACTURING NATURAL RESOURCES AGRICULTURE ENVIRONMENT RETAIL FOOD/BEVERAGE CONSTRUCTION & PROPERTY
SOURCE: SUEZ Water Technologies and Solutions
Copyright Business Wire 2018.
PUB: 10/02/2018 12:44 PM/DISC: 10/02/2018 12:44 PM