Five things you need to know today, Sept. 5
Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Wednesday, Sept. 5. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. An employee in the city of Odessa’s utilities department received a complaint of sexual harassment by a female employee under him several months ago, and is still employed with the city.
2. The Ector County Hospital District board of directors approved a tax abatement agreement Tuesday for Oberon Solar, LLC.
3. Thirty University of Texas of the Permian Basin honors students were sworn in Tuesday as deputy voter registrars at the John Ben Shepperd Public Leadership Institute.
4. A man reportedly had a loaded 9mm handgun and 4.6 grams of cocaine inside of a bathroom at Club Patron on Saturday.
5. The Permian Panthers tennis team came through with a 12-7 win over the Andrews Mustangs in a nondistrict matchup on Tuesday afternoon at the Pat Wilkes Tennis Courts.