AP NEWS

Archbald Fire Sparked By Oily Rags Spontaneously Combusted

August 1, 2018

ARCHBALD — Discarded oily rags spontaneously combusted and sparked a fire that damaged an uninhabited home Wednesday in the Eynon section, state police said. The fire at 261 N. Main St. was reported about 9:35 a.m. Jacqueline Cerra bought the single-family home in April, according to Lackawanna County records. She was renovating it so she could move in soon, police said. The home sustained moderate damage and is uninhabitable, Fire Marshal Jason Mills said in a news release. Mills deemed the fire accidental. — BORYS KRAWCZENIUK

AP RADIO
Update hourly