CLEAR Introduces Simplified Biometric ID and Boarding Pass Verification
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mar 5, 2019--CLEAR, the secure identity company using biometrics to build a frictionless and secure world has launched a new experience enabling CLEAR members who have provided a Delta SkyMiles number to simultaneously confirm their identity and boarding pass information with the touch of their finger or blink of an eye at the airport security checkpoint. CLEAR’s patented biometric solution, a first of its kind for domestic travelers in the United States, eliminates the need for these members to show ID or scan a boarding pass at nearly all of the airports in CLEAR’s nationwide network.**
“Taking friction out of the verification process saves our members time and represents an important step toward enhancing their’ entire curb-to-gate experience,” said CLEAR President Ken Cornick. “With CLEAR, you are you, and our secure identity network is enabling more travelers to get where they want to go without having to reach for their ID or a boarding pass in their pocket.”
CLEAR is changing the way consumers experience the world by transforming the cards in their wallets into a single biometric ID. After a fast, one-time enrollment, CLEAR members enjoy secure, frictionless experiences at 41 airports and venues nationwide.
Cornick added, “CLEAR appreciates the support we’ve received from our partners at TSA, Delta Air Lines and airports across the country in making our latest innovation available to members.”
CLEAR’s biometric identity platform is certified as Qualified Anti-Terrorism Technology by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and complies with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) standards. The company has also been awarded numerous patents by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), including for biometric systems and methods used to determine a person’s identity and access.
Where to Use CLEAR Simplified Biometric ID and Boarding Pass Verification:
1. Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
2. Austin–Bergstrom International Airport (AUS)
3. BWI Marshall Airport (BWI)
4. Dallas Love Field Airport (DAL)
5. Reagan National Airport (DCA)
6. Denver International Airport (DEN)
7. Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
8. Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
9. William P. Hobby Airport (HOU)
10. Westchester County Airport (HPN)
11. Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
12. George Bush Intercontinental/Houston Airport (IAH)
13. John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
14. McCarran International Airport (LAS)
15. Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
16. LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
17. Orlando International Airport (MCO)
18. Miami International Airport (MIA)
19. Minneapolis−Saint Paul International Airport (MSP)
20. Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY)
21. Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
22. San Antonio International Airport (SAT)
23. Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
24. San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
25. Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC)
26. Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC)
For a complete list of CLEAR locations, visit https://www.clearme.com/where-we-are/.
CLEAR is transforming the way people live, work and travel. Today, CLEAR is powering a frictionless security experience in 41 U.S. airports and venues. When you are you, instead of something in your pocket, life is more frictionless, more secure, and more predictable. CLEAR is trusted by millions of members and is certified as a Qualified Anti-Terrorism Technology by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. After enrolling at any CLEAR location, members can begin using CLEAR Lanes immediately ( https://www.clearme.com/where-we-are ). For more information on CLEAR, visit http://www.clearme.com.
** TSA may still ask some passengers to show their ID and Boarding Pass.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190305005206/en/
CONTACT: Adam Grossberg
212-319-3451, ext. 648
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA NEW YORK
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY DATA MANAGEMENT NETWORKS TRAVEL DESTINATIONS VACATION TRANSPORTATION OTHER TRAVEL
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 03/05/2019 09:00 AM/DISC: 03/05/2019 09:01 AM