Retired firefighter killed in house fire in Tennessee
JACKSON, Tenn. (AP) — Authorities say a retired firefighter has died in a house fire in Tennessee.
Madison County Fire Department Chief Eric Turner told the Jackson Sun that 72-year-old Joe Collins was killed in a house fire on Monday morning. Collins was a retired Jackson firefighter who had lived in the home for over 30 years.
Turner says the department received a call around 6 a.m., and that firefighters located the victim during a primary search of the home.
Officials believe the fire was caused by an electrical failure of a multi-plug outlet located in the living room.
Investigators confirmed that the home was equipped with a working smoke alarm. Officials say there was no indication of foul play and all information leans toward an accidental fire.
Information from: The Jackson Sun, http://www.jacksonsun.com