SAN (Storage Area Network) Storage Buying Guide 2018 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 15, 2018--The “StorInt SAN Storage Buying Guide” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This SAN (Storage Area Network) Storage Buying Guide provides a detailed review of:
Fibre Channel (FC), Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and iSCSI SAN block storage arrays, which includes features and performance to help guide your storage purchase decisions. Better SAN storage acquisition should boost application performance, increase end-user satisfaction and enhance IT ROI.
We expect that new CIOs, IT architects and storage admins will use this guide to learn about vendor offerings, functionality and storage performance to better understand what to look for when selecting SAN storage systems. Moreover, from our buying guide experienced CIOs, IT architects and storage admins should be able to easily understand new storage features and functionality and gain a better appreciation of how current storage systems perform under various application environments.
We discuss storage hardware capabilities such as all flash arrays and hybrid storage characteristics, front end/backend protocols and other attributes, as well as block storage functionality including data protection, storage virtualization, scale-up/scale-out, snapshot copies, thin provisioning, date deduplication & compression, remote replication/mirroring, and other advanced capabilities of current SAN storage products.
We also describe some alternatives to traditional, on premises storage appliances such as software defined storage, cloud storage gateways and new Tier 0 storage.
In addition, we provide the latest performance champions for current storage systems under OLTP, Email and throughput intensive application environments. We report our performance results separated by the class of storage to identify storage champions for Enterprise, Mid-range and SMB systems for these workloads. Given the performance advantages of flash storage, we also cover all-flash array storage system performance results separately, where applicable.
Companies MentionedDell Dell-EMC Fujitsu HP Hitachi Huawei IBM NetApp Oracle Primenergy SGI StorWize Xserve
Key Topics Covered
2. San Storage Products
3. Enterprise Storage Subsystem HardwareFront-End Interfaces Back-End Interfaces Disk Drives And Ssds/Flash Modules Cache Other Storage Hardware Features
4. Midrange Storage Subsystems
5. Low-End or SMB Storage System Hardware
6. Server San, Software Defined Storage or Hyper Converged Storage
7. Cloud Storage Gateways and Public Cloud Block & File Storage
8. Server Side Caching
9. San Storage Advanced Software FeaturesRedundant Array of Inexpensive Disks (RAID) Types Data Striping Multi-Tenancy or Partitioning Data Security Quality of Service (QoS) Snapshot or Point-In-Time (P-I-T) Copies Lun Clones Lun Copy Host O/S And Application Support for Clones & Snapshots Automatic Storage Tiering or Multi-Tiering Flash Cache All-Flash Storage Pool Lun Thin Provisioning Data Reduction Via Deduplication or Compression Remote Mirroring or Replication File I/O Support Storage Virtualization or Controller-of-Controllers
10. Storage System Features TablesSan Storage Performance
11. Microsoft Exchange Solution Reviewed Program (ESRP) V3.0 ResultsEmail Championscharts
12. OLTP (SPC-1) Benchmark ResultsOLTP Championschart
13. Throughput (SPC-2) Benchmark ResultsThroughput Champions charts
14. San Storage Pricing
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/tdtzsx/san_storage_area?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180515005887/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY DATA MANAGEMENT NETWORKS
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2018.
PUB: 05/15/2018 08:26 AM/DISC: 05/15/2018 08:26 AM