Related topics

Officials: Lead Found in Key Chain

August 3, 2000

DENVER (AP) _ A 10-month-old child suffered lead poisoning after handling a Colorado Rockies key chain given out at a 1998 game, health officials said Thursday.

Keely Walton did not show any symptoms of lead poisoning, and the high lead levels in her blood were discovered during routine tests.

Keli McGregor of the Rockies said the team is cooperating with health officials and will exchange any of the key chains for safe ones. About 40,000 key chains were distributed as promotions during the 1998 and 1999 seasons.

The key chains had a miniature metal baseball glove attached them. Laboratory tests showed they had high lead content.

Update hourly