Global Markets for Automotive Sensor Technologies (2019-2023): New Applications of Sensors Will Help to Cater to Increasing Environmental & Safety Legislation - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mar 12, 2019--The “Global Markets for Automotive Sensor Technologies” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Technological advances in electronic control systems increase the efficiency of these automotive sensors, so users are calling for advances in sensor accuracy, reliability, response time, robustness, miniaturization and communication capability. The automotive sensor industry is robust, and it is expected to experience sound growth during the five-year forecast period.
Automobiles utilize numerous sensors to provide critical data concerning performance, safety, comfort and other functions. One of the first applications of automobile sensors was to measure the manifold absolute pressure in ignition and fuel control systems. This continues to be an important parameter.
Other sensors used to enhance power train performance (e.g., crankshaft position, knock, air mass flow, exhaust gas, temperature) were subsequently added to automobiles.
New challenges have come up with the increasing use of electronically controlled and actuated systems for power steering, slip control systems and adaptive cruise control in automobiles. New sensors for applications in long-range radar, optical torque steering, tire pressure monitoring and yaw rate measurement have been added to traditional sensors.
The cost of the sensor is also a contributory factor in the selection of sensors, and large-volume production is a solution to this problem. Sensor manufacturers must deliver robustly built sensors with the necessary quality and price to stay competitive in the market.
Automotive sensors are vital components of automotive electronic systems. Modern vehicles rely on these electronic systems so that vehicles meet efficiency and security standards, as well as environmental regulations. The amount of automotive electronics content per vehicle is increasing due to:
- Government regulations concerning safety and emissions.
- Introduction of high-end options in modern vehicles by major automobile manufacturers.
- Consumer demand for safety, comfort, infotainment applications and fuel efficiency
The electronics content is increasing in automobiles, and thus the number of automotive sensors used in vehicles is increasing as well. The new applications of automobile sensors will help to cater to increasing environmental and safety legislation, as well as boost the market.
The report includes:
- Industry analysis and a brief overview of the global markets for automotive sensor technologies
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2017 and 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- A qualitative and quantitative study of sensors for automotive vehicles’ market by technology type, end-user, application segment and major geographical regions covering North America, Europe, APAC and Rest of the World
- Details on key areas in the production of an automobile that have advanced with the use of sensors, and the markets for these sensors in various applications and regions
- A look at the development and deployment of the number of sensing technologies and the introduction of advanced electronic systems, and the challenges regarding their robustness, reliability, quality, and cost
- Information on the increased demand for convenience, comfort, safety, efficiency and environmental protection, all of which are contributing to the growth of the market
- Discussion of technological, regulatory and competitive elements as well as economic trends affecting the future marketplace for vehicular sensor technologies
- Coverage of U.S. patents issued for developments in automotive sensor technologies by all major categories including the year of issue, country, number of patents issued to different companies and type of technology or process
- Examination of the competitive landscape and company profiles of major sensors manufacturers
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Technology
Chapter 4 Market by Technology
Chapter 5 Market by End-users
Chapter 6 Market by Application
Chapter 7 Patent Analysis and New Developments
Chapter 8 Analysis of Market Opportunities
Chapter 9 Company Profiles
- AB Electronic
- Bosch Sensortec
- Coavis Co.
- Innoviz Technologies
- Intel Corp.
- Intersema Sensoric
- Jaguar Land Rover
- Jewell Instruments
- Johnson Controls
- LMI Technologies
- Luminar Technologies
- Motion Sensors
- MTS Systems Corp.
- Murata Electronics
- Nissan Motors
- Novotechnik U.S.
- Nvidia Corp.
- NXP Semiconductors
- Olea Sensor Networks
- Omron Corp.
- PCB Piezotronics
- Proximity Controls
- Sensata Technologies
- TT Electronics
- and many, many more...
- For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2mpd7m/global_markets?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190312005476/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Automotive Sensors
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: AUTOMOTIVE OTHER AUTOMOTIVE
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 03/12/2019 07:54 AM/DISC: 03/12/2019 07:54 AM