North America Consumer Perceptions and Preferences of the Latest Digital Technologies, 2018 Report - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov 23, 2018--The “Consumer Perceptions and Preferences of the Latest Digital Technologies, North America, 2018” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The overall research objective is to measure the current use and future decision-making behavior toward information technology and telecom in the consumer industry, specifically: Connected home, social media, landline phone service, wireless / cellular phone service, subscription television service (cable, IPTV, or satellite), internet access service, home electronics maintenance (set-top boxes, DVR, modem), live video streaming service (Sling TV, DirecTV Now, CBS All Access), augmented reality, and big data and analytics.
A great deal is changing in the digital world when it comes to communications services. Is your company ready for the next generation of technologies, buyers, and megatrends? The rapid growth of new delivery models, contemporary content, and advertising mechanisms is waking up the traditional players.
Technologies such as Siri, Google Home, and Alexa are setting the stage for a voice-driven world. Artificial intelligence and augmented reality will enhance our ability to gather information, communicate with others, and make better decisions. There will be a continued debate around the level of security and privacy versus convenience. The one trend that is certain is that consumers are driving the technologies that are being developed in the business world. That’s why this study is important for all technology vendors to read and utilize.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Research Objectives and MethodsResearch Objectives Survey Methodology Sample Composition Types of Services Households Subscribe to at their Main Residence
2. Summary of Key FindingsStrategic Imperatives for Success and Growth Summary of Key Findings - Consumer Services Summary of Key Findings - Newer Technologies
3. Communications Services OverviewLevel of Importance of Communications Services Purchases by Bundle Vs. Separate Services Monthly Spending on Bundled Services Monthly Spending for Separate Services
4. Landline ServicesLevel of Satisfaction with Landline Services Companies Used for Landline Services
5. Internet AccessLevel of Satisfaction with Internet Access Service Features Companies Used for Internet Access Service Internet Access Speeds Interest in Increasing Internet Speeds
6. Wireless/Cellular Services & DevicesLevel of Satisfaction with Wireless Cellular Service Features Companies Used for Wireless/Cellular Service Decision Making Factors When Selecting Wireless/Cellular Service Provider Likelihood of Switching from Current Wireless/Cellular Service Provider Company of Choice When Switching from Existing Wireless/Cellular Service Provider Brand of Cell Phone Currently Used Decision Making Factors When Selecting Wireless/Cellular Phones Level of Satisfaction with Cell Phone Features Likelihood of Replacing Current Wireless/Cellular Phone Company of Choice When Replacing Cell Phones WiFi Connection Preference Interest in Buying WiFi Service if Available Type of Subscription Plan Type of Data Plan Subscription Percent of Respondents Whose Unused Data Rolls Over
7. TV, Video, OTT Streaming ServicesLevel of Satisfaction with Subscription Television Services Level of Satisfaction with Live Video Streaming Services Top Providers of Subscription Television Service Top Providers of Live Streaming Service Percent of Respondents that have a Basic TV Package Percent of Respondents Interested in a Voice, Video, and Wireless Package Willingness to Switch from TV Services to Video Over Internet Where Consumers Watch Video Streaming Over the Internet Top Reasons Consumers Watch Streaming Video Over the Internet Devices Used to Stream Video Over the Internet Services Used to Stream Video Over the Internet Monthly Spending on Streaming Services
8. Communications HardwareSuppliers of Communications Hardware Maintenance Monthly Cost of Communications Hardware Maintenance
9. Connected HomePercent of Respondents with Smart Home/Connected Home Installations Factors Deterring a Smart Home/Connected Home Installation Percent of Respondents Interested in a Connected Home Package Willingness to Pay a Monthly Cost for a Connected Home Package Percent of Respondents with a Home Health-monitoring Network Interest in Smart Health Monitoring Devices and Services
10. Home NetworkingPercent of Respondents with Home Data Network Installations Number of Devices Connected to Home Data Networks
11. Home NetworkingSmartphone Used to Control Home Appliances or Monitor Security Systems Number of Control or Monitoring Apps on Smartphones Interest in Smart Devices Intelligent Assistants Penetration Information Provided by Intelligent Assistants Demand for Intelligent Assistants Interest in Products or Services
12. Content ConsumptionServices Accessed Online for Personal Use Time Spent Online by Activity Sites Accessed for Social Networking Parental Control Software Usage Parental Control Software Used in Mobile Devices Parental Control Software Used in Desktops/Laptops
13. Opinions on the Use of Big Data & AnalyticsConcerns around Consumer Information Collection on Web Sites Actions Taken to Preserve In-Store Privacy Comfort Level with Automotive IoT Data Sharing
14. Augmented RealityAwareness of Augmented Reality Level of Interest in Augmented Reality Awareness of Oculus Rift and Microsoft Hololens Level of Interest in Oculus Rift and Microsoft Hololens
15. DemographicsLevel of Education Sex Number of Phones in Household Work from Home Multi-dwelling Units Source of Communications Services Marital Status Own Vs. Rent Home Age of Children in Household Employment Status Race
16. Digital Transformation-The Last WordThe Last Word-Three Big Predictions Legal Disclaimer
Companies MentionedAlexa (Amazon) CBS All Access (CBS) DirecTV Now (AT&T) Google Home (Google) Siri (Apple) Sling TV
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dqvssd/north_america?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181123005189/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Computing and Technology
KEYWORD: NORTH AMERICA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY CONSUMER ELECTRONICS
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2018.
PUB: 11/23/2018 10:52 AM/DISC: 11/23/2018 10:52 AM