Global Industrial IoT Survey 2018: 160 Industrial IoT Professionals Found Steady Growth for the Wireless Mesh Standards and Even Faster Adoption for BLE and LPWA Network Technologies - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec 5, 2018--The “Industrial IoT Global Survey” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This report presents the findings of a Q2 2018 survey by the publisher in collaboration with ISA and the LoRa Alliance. It provides an extensive investigation of the latest adoption trends, needs and wants in the highly competitive industrial wireless sensor network (WSN) and Internet of Things markets.
The survey with 160 industrial IoT professionals found steady growth for the wireless mesh standards and even faster adoption for Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and Low Power Wide Area (LPWA) network technologies such as Sigfox, LoRaWAN, NB-IoT and LTE-M.
Compared with the previous survey in Q4 2016, respondents have significantly higher satisfaction with battery lifetime, network range and system integration. Satisfaction with reliability, cost and data rate had the fastest declines.
Some of the areas addressed in the report include the following:
Wireless Sensor Networks:Which markets are adopting WSN? What are the fastest growing applications? What are the most commonly used WSN protocols? What is the impact from the wireless mesh standards? Are users satisfied with current WSN systems? What are their needs, wants, and future plans?
Low Power Wide Area Networks:How many companies are developing LPWA networking solutions? Are their applications suited to LPWA networks? What will be the likely disruption from LPWA technologies? Which LPWA technologies are most likely to have a significant market share in 10 years - LoRaWAN, Sigfox, NB-IoT, LTE-M, Weightless, others?
IoT Cloud Platforms:What are the most commonly used IoT cloud platforms? What are the IoT benefits? Data analytics experience? Data analytics barriers? Planned IoT cloud platfomrs?
The survey results are presented for all respondents as well as filtering the results by respondents targeting process industries, hybrid/discrete manufacturing, agriculture, logistics, construction and others. It also compares the current survey with a previously completed survey in Q4 2016 when illustrative.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Background & Methodology
2. Respondent OverviewRespondents by Type Respondents by Job Position Respondents by Target Market
3. Adoption TrendsWSN Status Expanding WSN Deployments Total Installed WSN Devices Largest WSN Networks/Location Current WSN Protocols Used Wireless Mesh Sensor Networking Fastest Growing WSN Applications Wireless Field Device Costs Planning New/Future WSN Applications Planned WSN Applications
4. Satisfaction with Current WSN SystemsReliability Security Battery Lifetime Network Scalability Network Range Data Rate Extendibility System Integration Costs
5. Most Important WSN FeaturesBattery lifetime Costs IP addressability Network range Standards Security Reliability
6. Opinions, Preferences & Future PlansImpact of Cost on Number of Devices Purchased Preferred Standards Approach Adoption Inhibitors Most Important Innovations Strategic Investment Areas
7. Low Power Wide Area NetworksLPWA Status LPWA Applications Percent of Applications Requiring >1,000 Bytes/Day LPWA Product Timeline Most Promising LPWA Technologies in 10 Years LPWA Penetration of IoT Devices in 10 Years
8. IoT PlatformsIoT Cloud Platforms Used IoT Benefits Data Analytics Barriers Data Analytics Experience Planned IoT Cloud Platforms
9. Surveyed Companies
10. Associated Research
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/b7xg96/global_industrial?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181205005827/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T. Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Internet of Things and M2M
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY INTERNET
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2018.
PUB: 12/05/2018 03:56 PM/DISC: 12/05/2018 03:56 PM