Unattended candle caused small fire in UND dormitory
GRAND FORKS, N.D. (AP) — Investigators have determined that an unattended candle caused a small fire in a University of North Dakota dormitory early this month.
The Grand Forks Fire Department says the candle ignited a nearby towel and cardboard, activating the fire alarm and sprinkler system in Walsh Hall. Sprinklers extinguished the fire.
No injuries were reported in the March 2 fire. Damage to the building is estimated at $35,000 and to personal items at $500.