Princess Grace biopic pulled from March release
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Weinstein Co. says “Grace of Monaco,” a biopic starring Nicole Kidman, won’t be released March 14 as planned.
That’s when the film about Grace Kelly, the actress who became royalty, was to be in theaters.
But the Weinstein Co. said Thursday that “Grace of Monaco” is off the release calendar and a new date has yet to be set. The company did not explain the decision.
The trade paper The Hollywood Reporter has reported that Director Olivier Dahan has been at odds with Weinstein over the film. The paper said Dahan publicly complained last fall that the company wanted to change “Grace of Monaco” against his wishes.
Last year, Monaco’s royal family criticized the script, saying it presented a glamorized and inaccurate view of the late Princess Grace.