Chesapeake man admits unlawful sexual conduct
IRONTON — A Chesapeake, Ohio, man was sentenced Wednesday in Lawrence County Common Pleas Court to eight years in prison after he pleaded guilty to four counts of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor.
Zane L. Curry, 30, of the 400 block of 2nd Avenue, Chesapeake, was sentenced by Judge Andy Ballard. He admitted having sex with a 14-year-old girl, according to court officials. Ballard also named Curry a Tier II sexual offender, requiring him to report his address every 180 days for the next 25 years.
Curry also was given credit for time already served and was ordered to pay court costs.
In an unrelated case, three charges of failure to report against Steven D. Harper, 42, of Township Road 1183, Ironton, were dismissed and he pleaded guilty to two counts of possession of meth and possession of oxycodone.
Harper, who spent 10 years in prison after pleading guilty to rape, is required to report his address every 90 days as a Tier III sexual offender. He was placed on community control sanctions for four years and given credit for about six months already served.
Mike Gleichauf, an assistant county prosecutor, said the charges were more of a technical violation. He said a community-based correctional facility also declined to take Curry based on his record. Twenty-two months of prison time was reserved for Curry should he violate the terms of his community control sanctions.
Gleichauf said the 90-day time limit for Curry to report hadn’t expired before charges were filed in the case.
In other cases:
• Christopher M. Adkins, of County Road 411, Proctorville, Ohio, was sentenced to a year in prison after pleading guilty to improper handling of a firearm in a motor vehicle and resisting arrest. He also was given credit for 67 days already spent in jail.
• Tiffany D. Williamson Walters, 37, of County Road 1, Chesapeake, pleaded guilty to aggravated possession of meth and was placed on treatment in lieu of conviction. She is required to stay drug-and alcohol-free for a year, get treatment at Riverside Recovery and do 200 hours of community service.
• Jeffrey S. Collins, 36, of Wilson Court, South Point, Ohio, admitted violating community control sanctions and was ordered to complete the relapse program at the STAR Community Justice Center in Franklin Furnace, Ohio.
• Joseph Inscoe, 39, of Ashland Drive, South Point, pleaded innocent to charges of escape, vandalism and tampering with evidence in a reported failed attempt to cut off his ankle monitor. Ballard set his bond at $150,000.
• Stephanie Anderson, 39, of the 700 block of Buckhorn Street, Ironton, pleaded innocent to three counts of trafficking in drugs near a school. Bond was set at $30,000.
• Melissa D. Jenkins, 24, of the 1500 block of South 3rd Street, Ironton, pleaded innocent to two counts of trafficking in meth in the vicinity of a juvenile and one count of aggravated possession of meth. Bond was set at $30,000.
• Steve A. Littlejohn, 41, of the 1100 block of South 3rd Street, Ironton, pleaded innocent to four counts of trafficking in meth and two counts of complicity to trafficking in drugs. Bond was set at $25,000.
• Nathan T. Murphy, of the 600 block of 10th Street, Huntington, pleaded innocent to charges of aggravated possession of drugs and illegal manufacture of drugs (hash oil). Bond was set at $25,000.
• Richard Lee Heaberlin, 49, of Ora Richey Road, Ironton, pleaded innocent to aggravated possession of meth. Bond was set at $25,000.
• James C. Brammer, of the 1100 block of South 7th Street, Ironton, pleaded innocent to aggravated possession of meth and possession of heroin. Bond was set at $25,000.
• William J. Wilburn, 44, of the 2600 block of South 4th Street, Ironton, pleaded innocent to breaking and entering, tampering with evidence and having weapons while under disability (being a felon in possession of a firearm). Bond was set at $10,000.
• Christopher S. Pollitt, 31, of County Road 73, Crown City, Ohio, pleaded innocent to burglary. Bond was set at $10,000.
• Monica R. Delawder, of the 700 block of Spruce Street, Ironton, pleaded innocent to three counts of aggravated trafficking in meth, two counts of complicity to aggravated trafficking in drugs and trafficking in heroin. She was released on a $25,000 recognizance bond. Delawder also was placed on home confinement and ordered to wear an ankle monitor.
• Jonathan N. Thacker, 40, of Bluefield, West Virginia, pleaded innocent to aggravated possession of meth. He was released on a $25,000 recognizance bond. nWilliam Salyers IV, 38, of the 600 block of Cliff Street, Ironton, pleaded innocent to breaking and entering and tampering with evidence. He was released on a $25,000 recognizance bond.