AP NEWS

3 women killed when gas canister explodes in Greek tavern

February 2, 2019

ATHENS, Greece (AP) — Greece’s fire service says three women died when a propane gas canister exploded in the kitchen of a tavern in the southwestern city of Kalamata.

The fire service said Saturday the three - two employees and the owner’s wife - were already unconscious when taken to a hospital. They died from their injuries.

The explosion caused a fire which was put out by firefighters. No customers were injured.

AP RADIO
Update hourly