Lithium Batteries: Markets, Materials, Projections, and Major Player Profiles to 2023 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr 15, 2019--The “Lithium Batteries: Markets and Materials” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
- 87 data tables and 66 additional tables
- A detailed overview and an industry analysis of the lithium batteries in terms of markets and materials
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017, 2018, and projections compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Characterization and quantification of market potential for lithium batteries by major types of batteries, technologies, regions, applications and end-users
- Details pertaining to continuing evolution of electrification of transportation, the increasing use of energy storage systems both institutionally (electric utilities) and within the household (residential) sector, and the impact of innovations in wearable technologies on this market
- Profiles of major market players within the industry, including SAFT, A123 Systems, BASF Battery Materials, Sony Energy Devices Corp., Toshiba and 3M
This report begins with a discussion of primary and secondary lithium battery technologies and markets.
Lithium markets and technology are analyzed associated with the following product categories:
- Portable products
- Computing, smartphones, tablets.
- Wearables (Non-Medical Related/Portable) - Consumer segment only.
- Not implantable.
- Wearables (Medical Related) - Consumer segment only.
- Computer memory preservation.
- Uninterruptible power supplies.
- Load leveling and alternative energy storage.
- Residential energy storage.
- Primary batteries.
- Secondary batteries.
Automotive and motive power
- Industrial electric vehicles (traction).
- Plug-ins and hybrid vehicle motive power (EVs, HEVs and BEVs).
- Automotive security.
- Fleet operations (primarily electric buses).
The report focuses on these areas associated with battery materials:
Electrode materials and active elements
- Cobalt compounds.
- Conductive polymers.
- Copper compounds.
- Electrolytic manganese dioxide.
- Inorganic carbon.
- Lithium metal and compounds.
- Nickel metal and compounds.
- Rare earth compounds.
- Sulfur compounds.
- Vanadium compounds.
Lithium battery electrolytes
- Battery separators.
Market segments are defined, leading global companies are identified, and the markets analyzed (including a five-year market projection). Additional chapters provide projection breakdowns by end-use sector, application and region. Chapter 8 provides a broad overview of patent activity and developments, while Chapter 9 provides an overview of market segmentation, a concise overview of key driving factors influencing markets, and additional forecasts associated with individual products.
Lithium battery companies are identified and profiled. Each profile includes points of contact and a discussion of structure, description and activity. These profiles are found in Chapter 10.
Key Topics Covered
Chapter 1 Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Scope of Report
- Information Sources
- Geographic Breakdown
- Recent Developments
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market and Technology Background
- Lithium Battery Technology Background
- Primary Lithium Batteries
- Primary Lithium Battery Summary
- Primary Lithium Battery Companies
- Primary Lithium Battery Market Summary
- Secondary Lithium Batteries
- Secondary Lithium Battery Summary
- Secondary Lithium Battery Companies
- Secondary Lithium Battery Market Summary
- Lithium Battery Material Background
- Types of Lithium Battery Materials
- Electrode Materials and Active Elements
- Lithium Metal and Compounds
- Copper Compounds
- Nickel and Iron Metal and Compounds
- Electrolytic Manganese Dioxide Compounds
- Cobalt Compounds
- Aluminum Metal Compounds
- Sulfur Compounds
- Vanadium Compounds
- Rare Earth Compounds
- Inorganic Carbon
- Fullerenes and Graphenes
- Conductive Polymers
- Lithium Battery Electrolytes
- Lithium Battery Separators
- Lithium Battery Materials Market Summary
Chapter 4 Market Breakdown by Technology Type
- Primary Lithium Battery Compositions
- Primary Lithium Battery Types
- Secondary Lithium Battery Compositions
- Secondary Lithium Battery Types
Chapter 5 Market Breakdown by End User
- Lithium Battery End User Segments
- Consumer End-Use Segment
- Commercial and Industrial End-Use Segment
- Military and Aerospace Segment
- Medical Segment
- Transportation Segment
Chapter 6 Market Breakdown by Application
- Primary Lithium Battery Applications
- Portable Product Primary Lithium Batteries
- Medical Product Primary Lithium Batteries
- Stationary Product Primary Lithium Batteries
- Military/Aerospace Primary Lithium Batteries
- Automotive/Motive Primary Lithium Batteries
- Primary Lithium Battery Market Prediction
- Secondary Lithium Battery Applications
- Portable Product Secondary Lithium Batteries
- Medical Product Secondary Lithium Batteries
- Stationary Product Secondary Lithium Batteries
- Military/Aerospace Secondary Lithium Batteries
- Automotive/Motive Secondary Lithium Batteries
- Secondary Lithium Battery Market Prediction
Chapter 7 Market Breakdown by Region
- Lithium Battery Regional Segments
- Definitions of Regions
- Lithium Battery Market by Region
- Lithium Battery Market by Region and Individual Country
- Lithium Battery Market by Region and Application
- Lithium Battery Market by Region and End-User Segment
- Lithium Battery Market by Region and Technology
Chapter 8 New Developments/ Patent Review
- New Developments
- New Patents
- Major Patent Disputes
Chapter 9 Analysis of Market Opportunities
- The Driving Forces of the Industry
- Driving Force 1: Improving Battery Technical Maturity
- Driving Force 2: Developing New Applications for Lithium Batteries
- Driving Force 3: Evolving Transportation Applications - EVs to HEVs to Plug-Ins
- Driving Force 4: Academic and Public Sector R&D
- Driving Force 5: Battery Quality Control and Product Safety
- Driving Force 6: Government and Regulatory Body Initiatives
- Driving Force 7: Wearable Technology
- Driving Force 8: Innovations in Cathode Formulations
- Driving Force 9: Impact of Supply Chain Bottlenecks
- Market Segmentation and Industry Concentration Factors
- Lithium Battery Market Segmentation Factors
- Lithium Battery Market Concentration Factors
- Materials Market Segmentation Factors
- Industry Environment and Trade Practices
- Lithium Batteries as Part of the Overall Global Battery Market
- Distribution Channels
- Industry Purchasing Influences
- Lithium Battery Purchasing Influence Significance
- Lithium Battery Purchasing Influences
- Lithium Battery Material Purchasing Influences
- Lithium Battery Market Analysis Approaches
- Market Value Model
- Analysis Duration
- Monetary Conventions
- Lithium Battery Market Sectors
- Portable Product Lithium Batteries
- Computer, Tablet and Smartphone Lithium Batteries
- Portable Tool Lithium Batteries
- Other Portable Product Lithium Batteries
- Lithium Batteries for Wearables (Portable)
- Medical Product Lithium Batteries
- Stationary Application Lithium Batteries
- Computer Memory Preservation
- Uninterruptible Power Supply Batteries
- Emergency Lighting Lithium Batteries
- Remote Power and Alternative Power Storage Lithium Batteries
- Remote Power and Alternative Energy Storage Battery Background
- Utility Load Leveling
- Military/Aerospace Lithium Batteries
- Portable Military Product Lithium Batteries
- Emerging Military Lithium Batteries
- Aviation Lithium Batteries
- Military Lithium Battery Market Summary
- Automotive and Motive Power Lithium Batteries
- Industrial Vehicle (Traction) Lithium Batteries
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle Lithium Batteries
- Plug-In Vehicle Lithium Batteries
- HEV and EV Market Drivers
- Automotive Security Lithium Batteries
Chapter 10 Company Profiles
Chapter 11 Appendix: Academic and Public Sector R&D Institutions
- A*Star Institute of Materials Research
- A123 Systems
- Aberdeen International Inc.
- Accutronics Ltd.
- Acheson Colloids Inc. (Henkel)
- Acta S.p.A.
- Admiralty Resources
- Advanced Battery Systems Inc.
- Advanced Lithium Electrochemistry Co. Ltd. (Aleees)
- Ajay SQM Group
- Albemarle Corp.
- Alfa Aesar (Johnson Matthey)
- Allan Chemical Corp.
- Allchem Industries Inc.
- Altair Nanotechnologies Inc.
- Ames National Laboratory
- Amsyn (Amber Synthetics)
- Apple Inc.
- Applied Nanomaterials Inc.
- Argonne National Laboratory
- Arizona State University
- Arotech Corp.
- Asbury Carbons
- Ashburton Ventures Inc.
- Ashland Chemicals
- Avalon Rare Metals
- Barium & Chemicals Inc.
- BASF Battery Materials
- BASF Corp.
- Battelle Memorial Institute
- Battery Clinic Inc.
- Battery Systems Inc.
- Battery Technology Inc.
- Birck Nanotechnology Center
- Bollore Group
- Bren-Tronics Inc.
- Brookhaven National Laboratory
- BYD Co. Ltd.
- C&D Technologies Inc.
- Cabot Corp.
- Caledonia Mining Corp.
- and many, many more...
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/xx0ki0
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190415005342/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Battery Technology
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: ENERGY OTHER ENERGY
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 04/15/2019 05:48 AM/DISC: 04/15/2019 05:48 AM