The following people have been charged with use/possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a small amount of marijuana for personal use. Preliminary hearings are scheduled before District Judge Ken Johnson in Somerset:
• Jacquelin Kristen Tejada, 28, Patricia Court, Union, New Jersey, was charged July 27. State police said Tejada traveled 86 mph in a 70 mph zone on the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Somerset Township July 18. Police smelled marijuana and observed a small, clear plastic baggie with suspected marijuana. She related that she is a marijuana user, police said. A hearing is scheduled for 10:30 a.m. Sept. 4.
• Ian Ky Mullins, 19, East Schuylkill Road, Pottsville, was charged July 30. State police stopped a vehicle near the 110 mile marker on the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Somerset Township for speeding on July 18. Mullins was the passenger. During a search of the vehicle, police found two cartridges of THC oil, a vape pen and a glass jar containing marijuana residue. Mullins told police the items belonged to him, police said. A hearing is scheduled for 11 a.m. Sept. 4.
• Jordy Benito Martinez, 24, North 10th Street, Reading, was charged July 30. State police stopped a vehicle for traveling 89 mph in a 70 mph zone near the 113 mile marker on the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Somerset Township July 10. Police noticed small pieces of marijuana on the driver’s side floorboard. Martinez, the front seat passenger, admitted to having the THC oil in a vape pen, police said. A hearing is scheduled for 11:10 a.m. Sept. 4.
• Samuel Barrett Jelliffe, 21, Nash Place, Stamford, Connecticut, was charged July 30. State police stopped a vehicle for a malfunctioning rear taillight near the 113 mile marker of the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Somerset Township on July 11. Police smelled marijuana and, after searching the vehicle, found marijuana in a small glass jar, THC wax in a round container, a multicolored glass pipe in a black bag, a pipe in a wooden container and a metal grinder containing marijuana residue. A hearing is scheduled for 11:20 a.m. Sept. 4.
• Griffin Maxwell Hinrichsen, 20, Plum Ridge Drive, New Egypt, New Jersey, was charged July 30. State police stopped a vehicle traveling 80 mph in a 70 mph zone near the 113 mile marker of the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Somerset Township on July 16. Hinrichsen told police he had THC oil in a vape pen in his backpack. Police found those items along with a wooden box and marijuana throughout the vehicle. A hearing is scheduled for 11:30 a.m. Sept. 14.
• Nicholas Keith Brown, 27, Patton Street, Somerset, was charged July 29. Somerset Borough police were contacted by the probation department to assist with the service of a warrant for an associate of Brown. During a search on May 22, police found a red lock box underneath the bed. According to police, Brown opened the box and officers found four prepared joints with green vegetable-like matter, three cellophane baggies, a rolled aluminum piece of foil and a package of Suboxone prescribed to Brown. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. Sept. 18.