Disaster assistance made available
The Federal Emergency Management Agency announced Monday that federal disaster assistance has been made available to parts of Nebraska to supplement state, tribal and local recovery efforts in the areas affected by severe storms, tornadoes, straight-line winds, and flooding on June 17 to July 1, 2018.
Federal funding is also available to the state, tribal and local governments, and certain private nonprofit organizations on a cost-sharing basis for emergency work and the repair or replacement of facilities damaged in Cedar, Colfax, Cuming, Dakota, Dixon, Harlan, Logan, Thomas, Thurston and Wayne counties.
U.S. Sen. Deb Fischer of Valentine said she was pleased that President Trump made the assistance available.
“I’m pleased to see Nebraska receive this much needed disaster declaration in response to severe storms, tornadoes, and flooding earlier this summer. The funding from this declaration will help the communities affected recover, rebuild, and address damages,” Fischer said.