Related topics

Officials evacuate hotel following chlorine leak

September 19, 2018

CROMWELL, Conn. (AP) — Authorities in Connecticut say over 100 people had to be evacuated because of a chlorine leak at a hotel pool.

WVIT-TV reports emergency personnel responded Tuesday when a maintenance worker fell ill at the Red Lion Hotel in Cromwell. The worker was hospitalized and two others were treated at the scene.

Authorities determined there was a chlorine leak near the hotel pool. About 100 people were evacuated and the surrounding area was blocked off.

Officials believe no one was directly contacted by the chemical.

Cromwell Fire Chief Michael Terenzio says the department always errs on the side of caution with hazmat incidents.


Information from: WVIT-TV, http://www.nbcconnecticut.com

Update hourly