Construction worker dies from possible electrocution
MIAMI (AP) — Officials say a construction worker who was possibly electrocuted while working on the elevator of a Florida high-rise has died.
The Miami Herald reports that rescue workers responded to the Midtown Miami construction site around noon Tuesday. Miami Fire Rescue Capt. Ignatius Carroll says the site’s foreman told rescue workers the man was working on the interior elevator electrical system when he stopped breathing and collapsed.
Co-workers performed CPR until rescue workers arrived. The man was taken to a nearby trauma center, where he died.
Local, state and federal officials are investigating the death.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com