Saudi Arabia’s B2C E-Commerce Market, 2019 - High Smartphone Penetration Rate Drives Online Shopping - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 1, 2019--The “Saudi Arabia B2C E-Commerce Market 2019” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
A new publication, from a leading E-Commerce-focused secondary market research specialist, reports on the rapid growth of online retail sales in Saudi Arabia. According to the report Saudi Arabia B2C E-Commerce Market 2019, digital commerce is on the rise, driven by high mobile usage rates.
High smartphone penetration rate drives online shopping in Saudi Arabia
B2C E-Commerce sales in Saudi Arabia are projected to rise at a high double-digit annual rate between 2018 and 2022, according to the author. The major growth drivers include higher M-Commerce rates and the digital economy initiatives supported by the country’s government. With one of the highest smartphone penetration rates in the world, Saudi Arabia’s consumers turn to their connected devices to check product information and shop.
Cross-border players stand strong, but local E-Commerce is also growing
Another major market trend is cross-border E-Commerce. Close to 50% of the country’s market is attributed to sales on international platforms. However, Amazon, a prominent player in this category, plans to go local following its acquisition of the regional online marketplace Souq.com. Furthermore, Noon.com is a fast growing domestic player, supported by the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the current state and outlook of the B2C E-Commerce market in Saudi Arabia?
- Which important market trends are present in B2C E-Commerce in this country?
- How large are online retail sales in Saudi Arabia predicted to grow by 2022?
- What are the preferences of online shoppers in Saudi Arabia with regard to product categories and payment methods?
- Who are the top market players in Saudi Arabian online retail?
- AliExpress Ltd.
- Amazon Inc.
- Jarir Marketing Co.
- Noon AD Holdings Ltd.
- Souq.com FZ-LLC
Key Topics Covered
1. Management Summary
2. Overview & International Comparisons
- B2C E-Commerce Market Overview and International Comparisons, March 2018
- Retail E-Commerce Sales in Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Rest of MENA, Egypt and Rest of GCC Countries, in USD billion, 2017 - 2022f
- Breakdown of B2C E-Commerce Sales in MENA by the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Other Countries, in %, 2017
- Internet Penetration, Smartphone Penetration and Social Media Penetration, by the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Egypt in comparison to the USA and China, in %, 2018
- B2C E-Commerce Indicators, including Online Shopper Penetration, in % of Internet Users, Annual Purchase Frequency, in Units, Spending per Basket, in USD and E-Commerce Penetration, in % of Total Retail Sales, by the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Egypt in comparison to the UK, USA and China, in %, 2017/2018
- Internet Penetration in the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Rest of MENA and Total, in %, 2017 - 2022f
- Internet Penetration in MENA, in % of Individuals, by Country, incl. Saudi Arabia, 2017
- Mobile Internet User Penetration in MENA, in % of Individuals, by Country, incl. Saudi Arabia, June 2018
- Breakdown of Internet Traffic by Device, in %, 2018
- Shopping-Related Activities Carried Out Online, in % of Individuals, 2018
- Share of Online Shoppers Who Purchased via Social Media Sites and Applications, in %, 2018e
- Breakdown of Preferred Online Shopping Destination, by International and Local Shopping Websites, in % of Online Shoppers, November 2017
- Top 3 Countries Purchased From in the Latest Cross-Border Online Purchase, in % of Cross-Border Online Shoppers, 2018
4. Sales & Shares
- B2C E-Commerce Sales, in USD million, 2012 - 2017
- B2C E-Commerce Sales, in USD billion, 2017 - 2022f
- B2C E-Commerce Sales, in USD billion, 2017 & 2020f
- B2C E-Commerce Share of Total Retail Sales, in %, 2017
5. Internet Users & Online Shoppers
- Internet Penetration, in % of Individuals, 2017 - 2022f
- Online Shopper Penetration, in % of Respondents, 2018e
- Online Shopper Penetration, by Age Group and Gender, in % of Respondents, 2017
- Reasons to Switch From a Physical Store to Online Shopping, in % of Online Shoppers, 2018e
- Top 5 Reasons For Online Shopping, in % of Online Shoppers, November 2017
- Top Barriers of Online Shopping, by Product Category, in % of Online Shoppers, 2017
- Online Shopping Penetration by Product Category, in % of Internet Users, 2017
- Product Categories Purchased Online, in % of Online Shoppers, 2018e
- Breakdown of B2C E-Commerce Sales by Product Category, in %, 2017
- B2C E-Commerce Sales of Consumer Electronics, in USD million, 2018e & 2023f
- Food and Beverages E-Commerce Share of Total Food and Beverages Retail Sales, in %, 2018 & 2025f
- Payment Methods Used in E-Commerce, in % of Online Shoppers, 2017
- Payment Methods Used in E-Commerce, in % of Online Shoppers, by Age and Gender, 2017
- Top Drivers of Online Shopping, by Product Category, in % of Online Shoppers, 2017
- B2C E-Commerce Players Overview, January 2018
- Breakdown of B2C E-Commerce Market Shares by Player Types, in %, 2017
- Most Popular Types of E-Commerce Websites, in % of Online Shoppers, November 2017
- Top 5 Online Shopping Websites, incl. Total Number of Visits on Desktop and Mobile, in millions, Saudi Arabia’s Share of Total Visits on Desktop, in %, Average Visit Duration, Pages Per Visit and Bounce Rate, February 2019
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/7qa3ij
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190501005544/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
KEYWORD: SAUDI ARABIA MIDDLE EAST
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: PROFESSIONAL SERVICES OTHER PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 05/01/2019 07:52 AM/DISC: 05/01/2019 07:52 AM