Homes in Saturday tour highlight sustainable living practices
The Minnesota Renewable Energy Society is highlighting two new homes on its annual Sustainable Home Tour.
The Rochester home of Matthew Warren Vetting at 4265 Marion Road SE and the Preston home of Joel and Barb Mielke, 24024 County 17, will be included Saturday on the free, self-guided tour designed to help spread knowledge of sustainable living practices.
With more than 30 homes included statewide, the event includes 10 homes in Southeast Minnesota, which will be open between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. Saturday.
Additional homes in the region are:
• Michael Wojcik, 984 Fox Knoll Drive Southwest, Rochester
• Richard Field, 8249 Country Club Road, West Byron
• Kathryn Gardner, 2035 19th St. Northwest, Rochester (Ends at 1 p.m.)
• Ivan and Mary Idso, 107 11th St. Northwest, Rochester
• Robert Maegerlein, 126 Cheval Lane Northeast, Rochester (Ends at 1 p.m.)
• Reid Smith, 45 Green Apple Road, La Crescent
• Paul Schollmeier, 480 W. Burns Valley Road, Winona
• Tim Gulden, 1449 Ridgewood Drive, Winona
For more information on the tour, as well as details included in several of the homes, visit www.mnrenewables.org.