Judge OKs Spielberg Restraining Order
LOS ANGELES (AP) _ A man who said he only wanted to be in the movies was ordered to stay away from Steven Spielberg for three years after he was jailed for trespassing at Spielberg’s offices.
Christopher Richard Hahn, 30, of Saskatchewan, must stay 150 yards away from the director and his family, as well as his home and workplace.
Hahn was arrested Jan. 11 after authorities said he tried to meet Spielberg by breaking into the director’s offices at the DreamWorks SKG studio in Studio City. Superior Court Judge Alan Haber granted the restraining order Jan. 16, according to court records.
When Hahn was arrested, he gave a phony name and birth date and claimed to have been an extra in last year’s film ``Ocean’s Eleven″ and the NBC drama ``Third Watch,″ according to documents Spielberg’s lawyers filed. Hahn told the guard who caught him that he’d been on the property at least 20 times and would do anything to get into the movies, according to the documents.
Hahn was charged with misdemeanor trespassing and giving false information to a police officer. He pleaded no contest and was sentenced to two months in jail and three years probation.
Hahn said he never threatened anyone or intended any harm.
``I am not a violent person,″ he said. ``My only objective was to make contacts in the movie industry.″