Robert Blake’s Release Plea Denied
%mlink(STRY:; PHOTO:; AUDIO:%)
LOS ANGELES (AP) _ A state appeals court turned down Robert Blake’s bid for release on bail without comment Tuesday, the actor’s attorney said.
Attorney Harland Braun said a notice that the appeal had been rejected was filed via the court’s e-mail. Braun vowed to take his client’s case to the California Supreme Court.
A call to the Los Angeles County district attorney’s office was not immediately returned.
Blake has been jailed since his April 18 arrest on charges of murdering Bonny Lee Bakley, the 44-year-old mother of his toddler daughter. Bakley was shot to death May 4, 2001, outside a restaurant the couple had just visited.
Earlier this month, Superior Court Judge Lloyd Nash refused to consider the bail issue until he hears prosecution evidence against Blake at a preliminary hearing.
Blake, the 68-year-old star of the 1970′s television series ``Baretta,″ has an Aug. 27 court hearing. Nash said he hoped to hold the preliminary hearing within 10 days after that.