$500+ Mn Malaria Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2027 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 20, 2019--
The “Malaria: Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2027” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
“Malaria: Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2027”, provides an opportunity and forecast assessment on the six pharmaceutical markets (6M) representing areas with the largest disease burden for malaria. The countries specifically included in this report are the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Ghana, India, Indonesia, Kenya, and Nigeria. The report covers the market forecast for marketed and late-stage malaria products.
The malaria market (including the treatment of confirmed incident cases only, as well as prophylaxis in select at-risk populations) is estimated to experience moderate growth across the 6M (Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, India, Indonesia) during the forecast period.
It is estimated that the drug sales across these six countries to be $57.3M in 2017. Over the 10-year forecast period, the malaria market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 24.4%, surpassing $500M by 2027. This growth would be primarily driven by a number of interrelated factors, such as the projected uptake of the malaria vaccines, the uptake of current late-stage pipeline malarial therapeutics, and the continued use of currently available agents.
Pipeline therapeutics and prophylactics projected to launch during the forecast period are estimated to have a moderately higher cost compared to currently available products, but will see use due to the fact that they are able to partially address unmet needs. The projected increase in treated malaria cases will also contribute to market growth from 2017-2027.
Key Questions Answered
- How will the malaria market landscape in the 6M (DRC, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, India, Indonesia) change from 2017-2027?
- What are the most promising late-stage pipeline products for malaria?
- How do the clinical and commercial attributes of late-stage pipeline products compare with one another and against existing treatment and prevention options?
- What are the remaining unmet needs in the malaria space?
- What drivers and barriers will affect malaria product sales in the 6M?
Reasons to buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global malaria market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the malaria market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments, and strategic partnerships.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Table of Contents
1.1 List of Tables
1.2 List of Figures
2 Malaria: Executive Summary
2.1 Projects Moderate Growth for the Malaria Market from 2017 to 2027
2.2 Biopharmaceutical Industry Effectively Leveraging Public-Private Partnerships to Advance Novel Malaria Products
2.3 Significant Unmet Needs Will Be Partially Met During the Forecast Period
2.4 Opportunities Will Exist for New Malaria Therapeutics and Prophylactics that Fulfill Unmet Needs
2.5 Diverse Pipeline Therapies and First Generation Malaria Vaccines Positioned to Begin Addressing Unmet Needs
2.6 What Do Physicians Think?
3.2 Related Reports
3.3 Upcoming Related Reports
4 Disease Overview
4.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology
4.1.3 Uncomplicated Malaria
4.1.4 Severe Malaria
4.2 Quality of Life
5.1 Disease Background
5.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities
5.3 Global and Historical Trends
5.4 Forecast Methodology
5.4.2 Forecast Assumptions and Methods
5.5 Epidemiological Forecast for Malaria (20172027)
5.5.1 Confirmed Incident Cases of Malaria
5.5.2 Age-Specific Incident Cases of Malaria
5.5.3 Sex-Specific Incident Cases of Malaria
5.5.4 Confirmed Deaths from Malaria
5.5.5 Confirmed Incident Cases by Plasmodium Species
5.5.6 P. falciparum Cases with K13 Propeller Mutations
5.5.7 Seroprevalence of Plasmodium Infection in Pregnant Women
5.6.1 Epidemiological Forecast Insight
5.6.2 Limitations of Analysis
5.6.3 Strengths of Analysis
6 Current Treatment and Prevention Options
6.2 Diagnosis and Treatment
6.2.2 Treatment Guidelines and Leading Prescribed Drugs
6.3 Non-Drug Preventative Interventions
6.4 Drug Therapy Procurement
7 Unmet Needs and Opportunity Assessment
7.2 Single-Dose Cure to Improve Compliance
7.3 Improved Treatment Options for P. vivax and P. ovale Infections
7.4 Drugs with Novel Mechanisms of Action to Combat Artemisinin Resistance
7.5 Expanded Options for Difficult-to-Treat Patient Populations
7.6 Options to Block Transmission
8 R&D Strategies
8.1.1 Next Generation Therapeutics
8.2 Clinical Trial Design
8.2.1 Controlled Human Malaria Infection (CHMI) Trial Design
8.2.2 Desired Endpoints and Entry Criteria
8.2.3 Combination Therapy Studies
9 Pipeline Assessment
9.2 Other Therapeutics and Prophylactics in Development
9.2.2 Whole Organism Vaccines
9.2.3 Protein-Targeted Vaccines
10 Pipeline Valuation Analysis
10.1 Clinical Benchmark of Key Pipeline Products
10.1.1 Therapeutic Products
10.1.2 Prophylactic Products
10.2 Commercial Benchmark of Key Pipeline Malaria Products
10.2.1 Therapeutic Products
10.2.2 Prophylactic Products
10.3 Competitive Assessment
10.3.1 Therapeutic Products
10.3.2 Prophylactic Products
10.4 Top-Line 10-Year Forecast
- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK)
- Guilin Pharmaceuticals
- Medicines for Malaria Venture (MMV)
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/j5k9uz
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190520005370/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Infectious Diseases Drugs
KEYWORD: ASIA PACIFIC AFRICA INDIA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: HEALTH INFECTIOUS DISEASES PHARMACEUTICAL
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 05/20/2019 07:50 AM/DISC: 05/20/2019 07:50 AM