Act quick: Tickets to Heart Show Benefit in Aiken on sale now
Tickets to the 2019 Heart Show Benefit are now on sale.
The benefit show will take place Feb. 20-24 at the Etherredge Center on the campus of USC Aiken. Ticket cost is $25 for evening shows and matinees.
To purchase tickets contact:
• Wednesday evening, Feb. 20 at 7:30 p.m. - Karen Wyont at 649-7650
• Thursday evening, Feb. 21 at 7:30 p.m. - Penny Young at 522-0828
• Friday evening, Feb. 22 at 7:30 p.m. - Frankie Lambright at 648-8720
• Saturday matinee, Feb. 23 at 2 p.m. - Becky Scoggin at 643-1071
• Saturday evening, Feb. 23 at 7:30 p.m. - Diane Brace at 643-9599
• Sunday matinee, Feb. 24 at 3 p.m. - Linda Calhoun at 643-3899
This year’s benefit promises to be as fun-filled, talent-filled and entertaining as ever.
“With your help the Aiken Women’s Heart Board in March 2018, made a record donation to the American Heart Association of $128,000,” according to a news release. “This brings the total dollars donated by the Aiken Women’s Heart Board to the American Heart Association to more than $2,100,000.”
Statistics from the American Heart Association list heart disease as the No. 1 killer of Americans. Stroke ranks fourth, and is a leading cause of severe adult disability.
Each year these diseases kill more than 811,000 Americans, which is roughly the same as the entire population of El Paso, Texas; Baton Rouge, Louisiana; or Tacoma, Washington.
“The generous donations raised through the efforts of the Aiken Women’s Heart Board and the Aiken Community help us in our goal to improve the cardiovascular health of all Americans by 20 percent, and to reduce deaths from cardiovascular disease and stroke by 20 percent, all by the year 2020,” according to a representative from the American Heart Association.
Residents are urged to purchase tickets early, as they do sell out fast.