Friends of Ludington State Park group announces summer concerts
Friends of Ludington State Park (FLSP) is announcing the lineup for its summer program series at Ludington State Park in conjunction with the park interpretive programming.
Most programs are at the park amphitheater. This summer, two concerts will take place on the beach at the Lake Michigan Beach House. Attendees are advised to bring a chair or blanket to sit on.
The programs begin at 7 p.m.
From the camp store in the park, the amphitheater is south of the walking bridge across the Big Sable River. Or access the amphitheater by using the road just south of the M-116 bridge over the Big Sable River.
In case of rain or other weather issues, programs are moved inside to the second floor of the Lake Michigan Beach House.
Programs are free of charge. Buckets will be passed for donations to FLSP to offset the cost of programs. A Michigan Recreation Passport is required to drive a vehicle into the park.
This year’s series includes:
• Saturday, June 22: Mike Lenich, folk and pop music
• Wednesday, June 26: Lee Murdock, Great Lakes-themed folk songs
• Saturday, June 29: Chris Vallillo, traditional and contemporary folk songs (at the Lake • Michigan Beach House)
• Wednesday, July 3: Chloe Kimes, bluegrass and americana music (at the Lake Michigan Beach House)
• Saturday, July 6: Eric Engblade, folk and rock music
• Wednesday, July 17: Road Less Traveled, folk and pop music
• Saturday, July 20: Uneven Ground, Celtic music
• Wednesday, July 24: Ben Bedford, Midwestern folk music
• Saturday, July 27: Jim Key, Dulcimer Music
• Wednesday, July 31: Hicks with Picks, bluegrass music
• Saturday, Aug. 3: Awesome Distraction, contemporary music
• Saturday, Aug. 10: Canopy Space, acoustic Indie-Folk music
• Saturday, Aug. 24: Salt City Dixie Jazz Band, big band music
For more information, follow Friends of Ludington State Park on Facebook.