The Indonesian Defense Market to 2024: Market Attractiveness & Competitive Landscape - Expenditure is Forecast to Reach $9.4 Billion in 2024 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 27, 2019--
The “Indonesian Defense Market - Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2024” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This report offers detailed analysis of the Indonesian defense industry with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
Indonesian defense expenditure is forecast to value US$8.2 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.39% during the forecast period to value US$9.4 billion in 2024. Over the next few years, Indonesia wants to be recognized as a major regional military power. The economy has been growing at an average rate of 5.51% historically, and this has fueled growth in the defense expenditure.
The Indonesian MoD is expected to increase its capital expenditure from US$2.3 billion in 2019 to US$3.1 billion in 2024 in an effort to modernize its armed forces and support existing projects. Various procurements, which have led to the increase in capital budget allocation, include NASAMS ground based air defense system, Bell 412EPI, Airbus H225M helicopters, TPE331 turboprop engines, Type 209 submarines, Sukhoi Su-30MK2s aircraft, Su-27 SKM, and Su-35 Flanker fighters, AS565 Panther anti-submarine warfare (ASW) helicopters, Chang Bogo-class conventional submarines, two landing ship tanks (LSTs), AH-64 Apache Longbow gunship helicopters, and German Leopard tanks.
Over the forecast period, the country is expected to invest in infrastructure construction, multi-role aircraft, naval vessels such as submarines and frigates, cyber security, border security, unmanned aerial vehicles, radar systems, and computer network defense capabilities, which will drive the growth in its expenditure.
With a population of over 265 million and 17,000 islands to protect, homeland security has gained prominence in Indonesia over the last decade with expenditure expected to increase from US$7.7 billion in 2019 to US$9.4 billion in 2024 at a CAGR of 3.39%. Increasing defense expenditure will support the Indonesian government’s commitment to address the increasing threat of terrorism, and to manage piracy and illegal fishing, illegal immigration, etc.
Indonesia has often been regarded as one of the most attractive defense markets in Southeast Asia as it deals with terrorism, illegal fishing, piracy, drug smuggling and other crimes. The country is one of the fastest-growing defense markets in South Asia and has historically relied on foreign OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) to strengthen its defense capabilities. The country imports its tanks from Germany and frigates, corvettes, submarines etc. from the Netherlands, the UK, and Germany. Indonesia imports all of its fighter aircraft including F-16 and F-5 fighter jets from the US and Sukhoi jets from Russia.
- The Indonesian defense industry market size and drivers: detailed analysis of the Indonesian defense industry during 2020-2024, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators for the industry. It also provides a snapshot of the country’s expenditure and modernization patterns.
- Budget allocation and key challenges: insights into procurement schedules formulated within the country and a breakdown of the defense budget with respect to capital expenditure and revenue expenditure. It also details the key challenges faced by defense market participants within the country.
- Import & export dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years.
- Market opportunities: list of the top ten defense investment opportunities over the next 5 years.
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the Indonesian defense industry.
Reasons to Buy
- This report will give the user confidence to make the correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of the Indonesian defense industry market trends for the coming five years.
- The market opportunity section will inform the user about the various military requirements that are expected to generate revenues during the forecast period. The description includes technical specifications, recent orders, and the expected investment pattern by the country during the forecast period.
- Detailed profiles of the top domestic and foreign defense manufacturers with information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins, and financial analysis wherever available. This will provide the user with a total competitive landscape of the sector.
- A deep qualitative analysis of the Indonesian defense industry covering sections including demand drivers, key trends and latest industry contracts.
- PT Dirgantara Indonesia
- PAL Indonesia
- PT Pindad
- Dok & Perkapalan
- PT Dahana
- PT Multiintegra
- PT SOG Indonesia
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/y7aggb
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190527005156/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Military Aerospace and Defense
KEYWORD: ASIA PACIFIC INDONESIA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: DEFENSE OTHER DEFENSE
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 05/27/2019 08:32 AM/DISC: 05/27/2019 08:32 AM