Automotive Operating Systems: Global Market Forecast to 2025 - Android & Linux OS to Challenge Incumbent QNX Leadership Position by 2020 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb 8, 2019--The “Global Automotive Operating Systems Market, Forecast to 2025” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This study analyses the strategies, competitive landscape, business models, and future focus areas of OEMs, tier I suppliers, and security start-up companies in the automotive operating systems market. It studies the trends and preference towards the adoption of various operating systems by different OEMs.
It also assesses the capabilities of key Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and suppliers in the automotive operating systems space and their approach to providing infotainment services. It also features key automotive supplier profiles with highlights about their position in terms of automotive operating system solutions, company partners, products, map suppliers, and customers.
The research lists the potential market opportunities for participants in the global automotive operating systems space and strategic imperatives for market participants. This study also provides key conclusions and recommendations based on the current value chain dynamics.
Partnerships and collaborations are playing a vital role for OEMs, as they lack the necessary capabilities within the organisation. Companies are proactively identifying ways to ensure strong operating system mechanisms in their next generation connected vehicles through partnerships.
The automotive operating systems market is nascent and is currently in its experimental phase. Connected cars are the primary use cases of automotive operating systems. With the growing need for security in connected vehicles, industry participants (tier I suppliers, technology providers, semiconductor companies, and security start-up companies) are expected to increase market investments towards secured operating systems.
Secured operating systems will remain a key concern in the coming years and OEMs have to aggressively engage and partner with ecosystem participants to ensure a holistic approach across the automotive value chain. The confluence of technological trends like penetration of infotainment systems in mass-market passenger vehicle segments and rising digitisation solutions with augmented reality, virtual assistants, artificial intelligence, 3D maps, and smartphone mirroring systems will propel the market.
Tier I suppliers will continue with the trend of start-up acquisition strategy to maintain a competitive advantage in the market. Pure-play operating system start-up companies will intensify market competition through OEM partnerships and continuous product innovations.
Key Issues AddressedWhat is the addressable opportunity for the global automotive operating system market in 2017 and in 2025? What are the current trends in the market with regard to operating systems? Which type of operating system have a higher preference in the global market? What are the various issues restraining the use of operating systems? What future trends are likely to be seen in the operating system market? Which are the key stakeholders involved? What are the key partnerships that need to be built to be successful?
Companies MentionedAutomotive Grade Linux (AGL) BMW Ford GENIVI General Motors Group Google Android Green Hills Mercedes Benz Microsoft QNX RNA Group Tesla Group Toyota Group VW Group Wind River
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARYGlobal Automotive Operating Systems Market - Key Findings Market Trends in the Automotive OS Industry Automotive Operating System Solutions Overview Automotive OEM OS Landscape Upgradability, OTA Support, and Smartphone Integration Android in the Automotive Industry - Overview Automotive Grade Linux in Automotive Industry - Overview QNX in Automotive Industry - Overview Role of Supplier Comparison of OS Vendor and Tier I Integrator Duty Across Key IVI OS Benchmarking OS
2. RESEARCH SCOPE AND SEGMENTATIONResearch Aims and Objectives Key Questions this Study will Answer Research Methodology
3. INTRODUCTIONAutomotive Infotainment Operating Systems Automotive OS Market Shares
4. GOOGLEGoogle’s Foray Into the Automotive Industry Android in Automotive - Embedded and Smartphone Link Android Automotive OS - Overview Hardware Specifications Capability to Build an Ecosystem App Store and Core Services Android Value Creation Challenges - Android in Cars Android for Automotive - SWOT Analysis
5.QNXQNX Dominance in Automotive Industry QNX OS Architecture Capability to Build an Ecosystem QNX for Automotive - SWOT Analysis
6. GENIVIHardware Specifications Capability to Build an Ecosystem GENIVI for Automotive - SWOT Analysis
7. OTHER AUTOMOTIVE OSWindows Embedded Automotive 7 Automotive Grade Linux OS Wind River - VxWorks Real-time Operating Systems (RTOS) Green Hills Software - INTEGRITY RTOS
8. BENCHMARKINGDefinition of Service Parameters Definition of Operational Parameters OS Parameter Scoring
9. OS VENDORSQNX Google Android Automotive Automotive Grade Linux (AGL) Microsoft Wind River Green Hills
10. OEMSAutomotive OEMs BMW Profile Ford Profile Mercedes Benz profile VW Group Toyota Group RNA Group General Motors Group Tesla Group
11. GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES AND COMPANIES TO ACTIONGrowth Opportunity - Partnerships and Business Models Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
12. CONCLUSIONS AND THE LAST WORDConclusions The Last Word - Three Big Predictions
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/nfpgvn/automotive?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190208005236/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Operating Systems
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY SOFTWARE AUTOMOTIVE AFTERMARKET
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 02/08/2019 08:04 AM/DISC: 02/08/2019 08:04 AM