Turbonomic Debuts New ‘SMART’ Workload and Application-Aware Infrastructure Innovations
BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb 26, 2019--Turbonomic, the leader in workload automation for hybrid cloud, today announced new, top-down application-driven capabilities that further empower customers to continuously manage and optimize their workloads in hybrid and multi-cloud environments. As organizations prioritize digital transformation initiatives, enterprises of all sizes are deploying varied and complex infrastructure, often including multiple clouds and containers. With its latest software platform release, Turbonomic is helping customers assure application performance at the lowest cost while ensuring policy compliance.
According to Gartner, infrastructure and operations leaders are beginning to build IT strategies with a focus on their application portfolios rather than on the physical infrastructure, moving away from traditional IT architecture-driven decisions toward a service-driven strategy. 1
With today’s news, because Turbonomic automatically matches workload demand to infrastructure supply both on-premises and in the cloud, the platform is accelerating cloud and cloud-native adoption:
- Intelligent Cloud Autoscaling: Enhanced, continuous intelligent cloud autoscaling with availability-set awareness delivers customers consistent scaling while simultaneously assuring application performance and resilience in AWS and Azure environments. Applications managed by Turbonomic scale based on actual workload demand versus static thresholds that do not guarantee performance.
- Reserved Instance (RI) Enhancements: New enhancements assure cloud workload performance while also maximizing both RI coverage and utilization. These new capabilities deliver the ability to accurately plan ahead to make accurate decisions as to which workloads should utilize reserved capacity and when those RIs should be purchased in order to assure performance while minimizing public cloud spend.
- Kubernetes: Enhanced Kubernetes integration enables customers to realize optimal performance and consolidation benefits of intelligent workload automation in their Kubernetes deployments. Turbonomic’s management of performance, compliance and cost tradeoffs are critical to achieving production-ready Kubernetes. New platform enhancements identify opportunities to consolidate Kubernetes workloads while continuing to assure performance and maintain compliance. This enhancement is part of the real-time optimization, as well as planned simulations.
One of the world’s largest financial and professional services firms turned to Turbonomic’s AI-powered platform to operate at the increasing speed of business. The customer is an early user of Turbonomic’s new, intelligent cloud autoscaling feature, which is expected to deliver near immediate ROI on top of the over $3 million in annual savings that the platform has already delivered to the organization and is being invested to further accelerate its Azure cloud migration and adoption.
These new capabilities deliver cloud customers with enhanced cloud migration experiences – and once in the cloud, continuous optimization. Learn more about the success of the Microsoft and Turbonomic partnership in this video.
Another Turbonomic customer, a global Fortune 500 bank, is using Turbonomic to accelerate its adoption of cloud-native infrastructure in order increase speed-to-market for digital services. Automating the decision-making process associated with dynamic workloads is critical to its success. The bank currently has tens of thousands of containers in production, in addition to containers also running in its development environment. Turbonomic’s trustworthy decision engine is enabling the bank’s IT staff to automate management that has become exponentially complex.
Additionally, Turbonomic bridges the application-to-infrastructure chasm through Turbonomic’s application-aware decisions, which correlate infrastructure configuration to real-time application performance through alignment and integration with leading Application Performance Monitoring (APM) vendors, including Cisco AppDynamics. These capabilities deliver customers full stack, multidimensional visibility of an application-aware infrastructure, and further Turbonomic’s position as the industry’s only, application-aware workload automation platform.
According to Stephen Elliot, Program Vice President, Enterprise System Management Software at IDC: “Growth in APM is being driven by the need to manage application performance throughout the application life cycle from DevOps to production operations to ensure that end-user experience meets competitive quality standards. End-user satisfaction with application performance and reliability is critical for successful digital business operations.” 2
“By applying the economic principles of supply and demand to manage IT resources, the Turbonomic platform automatically matches workload demand with infrastructure supply – on-premises and in the cloud,” said Charles Crouchman, Chief Technology Officer at Turbonomic. “The platform’s new cloud and container capabilities further extend our lead as the industry’s only single-platform that optimizes workloads spanning any environment.”
Learn more by joining the upcoming webinar, “Accelerate and Optimize Your Hybrid and Public Cloud Adoption Strategy,” on March 13, 2019 at 11a.m. ET.
- Connect with Turbonomic via LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and on the Turbonomic Green Circle Community
- For news, updates and executive perspectives, visit the Turbonomic Blog
Turbonomic workload automation for hybrid cloud continuously assures that all workloads get precisely the resources needed to ensure performance and lower cost while maintaining policy compliance. Privately held, Boston-based Turbonomic is one of the fastest-growing software companies, backed by leading venture firms including Bain Capital Ventures, General Atlantic, Globespan Capital Partners, Highland Capital Partners and Iconiq Capital. To learn more about Turbonomic, visit turbonomic.com.
1 Gartner G00376625: “Top 10 Emerging Trends Affecting Digital Infrastructure and Operations in 2019”
2 IDC #US44399018: “Worldwide Application Performance Management Software Market Shares, 2017: Growth Continues Amid Shifting Vendor Alignments”
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190226005364/en/
CONTACT: Katryn McGaughey
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA MASSACHUSETTS
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY DATA MANAGEMENT INTERNET NETWORKS SOFTWARE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES FINANCE
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 02/26/2019 09:00 AM/DISC: 02/26/2019 09:01 AM