Official: 3 hurt in Las Vegas hotel laundry chute fire
LAS VEGAS (AP) — A fire official says two people were hospitalized for breathing trouble and one person received minor burns in a smoky laundry chute fire at a hotel just east of the Las Vegas Strip.
Deputy Clark County Fire Chief Jeff Buchanan said the fire was out and when crews arrived about 9 a.m. Tuesday at the Marriott Grand Chateau on Harmon Avenue.
Las Vegas police also arrived and hotel guests were evacuated from the 37-story building after a 911 call about a popping sound that Officer Jacinto Rivera later attributed to the sound of the fire.
Rivera says authorities determined that no shots were fired, and no one with a gun was found.
Buchanan says the cause of the fire wasn’t immediately determined.